jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How can I promote a self published novel without spamming?

1. RSamuel92 profile image80
    RSamuel92posted 6 years ago

How can I promote a self published novel without spamming?

I need help promoting but I dont want to force people and look too desperate. Help please?

2. topquark profile image77
    topquarkposted 6 years ago

Set up a writer's blog and use it to promote your book and connect with other bloggers interested in reading or writing fiction. You could publish snippets of the book to act as teasers. Promote to your friends and ask them to tell people who might be interested in your book, or ask them to give your book as a gift - word of mouth is invaluable. Become an active participant on forums and other groups for book-lovers and other writers and include in your signature a link to your blog and/or the point of sale. And, of course, make a hub about it with a link to buy your book.

Good luck.

3. brsmom68 profile image89
    brsmom68posted 6 years ago

I agree with topquark's methods of promoting your book as they are all non-spamming ways. You could also post links on your Twitter and Facebook accounts, just don't overdo it as it will then be considered spamming. Post a link to the site it is published with (ie: Lulu) and ask your friends to share the link. This will work for both print and ebooks. Another way is to link to it via Pinterest; this seems to be spreading like wildfire.

Something else you could do is set up a book signing at your local library. Offer a discount on your books at that particular event and sign them for buyers. This is presuming you will have printed copies available.

Good luck with your book! I know how difficult it can be to get the word out. Just remember, it takes time. Don't give up if you don't have any sales immediately.

4. assimilated profile image60
    assimilatedposted 6 years ago

You can contact me and if you write some kind of profile I'll publish it on my website for authors (it's in German, but that should not be a problem). You can place links within and stuff if you like. Think of it as a Hub :-)