Why it is worth posting links at Facebook

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 12 years ago

I just checked my traffic and have 1030 views from Facebook in the last 7 days. I always share my new hubs there and I think you will agree from my latest traffic figures that it has been well worthwhile doing this!

1. Dorsi profile image88
      Dorsiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Good for you Bard. I always post my hub links on my Facebook too. It's very well worth it, and my family, friends and "fans" can read what interests them.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

I post my hubs on FB and get readers. It's not bad. smile

3. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 12 years ago

I would only expect it to improve.

4. Teylina profile image61
    Teylinaposted 12 years ago

Thanks for the info. Don't think I've linked F through HP; will definitely check now.

1. Mikeydoes profile image44
      Mikeydoesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It really helps if you have people that really cherish your work. Which is possible for anyone, I have gotten several likes for bands/articles I have liked by simply hitting like myself.

5. Pamela Sarzana profile image59
    Pamela Sarzanaposted 12 years ago

If a person posts every hub or article they get published on Facebook, isn't that considered spamming?

1. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Only your friends will see it, so it's not spamming - but it might annoy your friends!

1. workingmomwm profile image81
        workingmomwmposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes. This is one of the reasons I don't post every HubPage to Facebook - didn't want to annoy anyone - but I might reconsider that now. They'll just have to deal with it. :-)

Of course, I don't have all that many friends to begin with ...

2. Garrett Mickley profile image78
      Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's only spamming if you post a bunch at once.  Stagger them out over time.  Maybe only one or two a day, and at different times during the day.

6. Lisa HW profile image60
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

I de-activated my Facebook page because I'm apparently "social network challenged".  I don't know what you're supposed to do when you get there, so the only thing I'd know to do would be post links to my writing.  I get that people aren't supposed to do nothing but post links to their own writing - but that, for me, means only posting links to SOME writing and still not knowing what else a person is "supposed to be doing" on Facebook.   hmm

My real friends and family (of the offline variety) aren't interested in my writing, and I don't know how to be "Internet friends" because - really - I'm not interested in what people who aren't "real" friends are doing and don't think they'd be interested in anything I post either.

So, basically, I just get to the page, get hit with whatever the latest "big pile of junk" that shows up, and "get mean" because I don't know what to do (other than get rid of the big pile of stuff that's shown up).  It's hopeless!   lol   I'm just an unfriendly, unsociable, person who is only interested in writing - nothing else, apparently.  hmm  roll  (And I pretty much hate my own writing (at least the stuff I do in my spare time, rather than "for real") these days too.  roll

In all seriousness, one problem is that I write under a pen name and had the Facebook page in that name. (I have a page in my real name, but I keep "getting mean" when I go to that, and deactivating that one too.  lol  ).  Anyway, my pen name has no friends in "real life" because "she's" a pen name (a well established one for some writing purposes, but a pen name nonetheless).

Oh well, maybe I'll re-activate the Facebook page (yet again), clean it all out, and try (again) to be comfortable having a page that just sits there; inactive, nice and clean and empty, and friendless.   lol  hmm

1. Bill Manning profile image69
      Bill Manningposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm with you there Lisa. I just made a FB page for my pet site and can't figure out what the heck to do. I've been posting pictures of pet events and my latest post on it.

I know your suppose to "like" other sites like yours and maybe post on their page. That way they may come to yours and so on. But I just don't know why people do this stuff.

I know I have no interested in someone else's FB page. If I want to find out about their stuff I want to go to their website, not a FB page!!!! tongue

1. Uninvited Writer profile image77
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Facebook pages are becoming very important to businesses. They somehow seem more personal than a website. I do know that when I read a post by certain companies or pages that I often check it out and join. Many companies offer coupons and discounts when you sign up with their page.

Of course, my page that links to my writings only has about 29 followers and they are all friends of mine. I haven't figured out how to really market it.

1. workingmomwm profile image81
          workingmomwmposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I set up a page for my etsy shop and promoted it with Facebook Ads. I was thinking about doing that for my hubs, too. I got about 43 followers that way (only 3 of which are actually my friends). I spent $30 doing it and haven't made anything from it yet, so it wasn't exactly cost effective, but it's an idea. You might be more successful with it than I was!

2. Lisa HW profile image60
        Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bill, It's good to see I'm not the only one who doesn't really know what to be doing on there.  lol   I actually just went and took everything but my friends out of view on there.  (I do have a few HP friends, which is nice - but if I want to see what they've been writing I can see it on here.  hmm )  What you said is exactly it:  If I want to see someone's site I go to their site.   I mean..   it's not that I'm not interested in other people or in other sites; but I like to be the one who goes and finds whatever it is I want to find at the moment.  There's something about being "fed" someone elses's idea of what's interesting that - I don't know - just doesn't work for me.   lol

UW, one reason I did set up the "Lisa" facebook page was because of the way "everyone" says that businesses and people with professional endeavors(or in the case of my "Lisa" writing, at least  "not really personal") all have a Facebook page.  Good points about the coupons, though.  That never occurred to me.  I suppose, too, one reason I've never "friended" companies is that I don't want to be getting e.mails from them.   lol   (I'm hopeless!   lol  )

7. Uninvited Writer profile image77
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

You can also create a page on Facebook and have people join it if they are interested in knowing what you have written.
    That way you could leave your friends in peace smile

1. Lisa HW profile image60
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hmm.  Interesting.  (Too bad I just deleted zillions of my own Hubs from my Facebook page - before I started to think I was getting carpal tunnel syndrome and decided to make what was left "private".    lol  )  (Think I'll go back and look on there to see how to create that page.    hmm  )  Thanks.  smile

2. profile image0
      BRIAN SLATERposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This sounds great Uninvited writer, so every hubber once they have facebook up and running now needs their own page to promote a group of their hubs. I like it, I just need a hub to read to show me how to do it.

8. PaulGoodman67 profile image96
    PaulGoodman67posted 12 years ago

What is best is if someone else likes your hub in FB and then their friends share it.  It's rare and the boost in views is generally brief, but great all the same.

9. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Wow!  That's awesome!  Congrats!

10. suziecat7 profile image76
    suziecat7posted 12 years ago

I get quite a bit of traffic from Facebook. I leave the link to my Hub on my profile or in groups pertaining to the subject matter. I've never created my own page but will in the future

11. smanty profile image59
    smantyposted 12 years ago

I don't, or have not yet, posted any of my hubs on facebook, but I am thinking of creating a twitter account to post some links to my hubs. Although, if I post my links on twitter, I will probably receive only a very short term increase in views, right? Would there actually be any long term beneficial effect to this?

For facebook, though, I try to keep that mostly personal, rather than professional.

12. Teylina profile image61
    Teylinaposted 12 years ago

Thanks everybody for all the comments. I think I signed on, but didn't follow thru or something. I really wasn't into F, but some of your comments may prompt me to look at it, change  it, try it out differently. Thanks!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)