jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I'm running out of things to read, what are your suggestions?

1. Lady Eemia profile image83
    Lady Eemiaposted 5 years ago

I'm running out of things to read, what are your suggestions?

I've been running low on reading material lately. I'm still working through The Lord of the Rings trilogy for the first time in years, but I don't know what I'm going to read once I'm done with them. Any suggestions?

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

True crime never runs out of material and gives you a percpective of both the victim and accused. You also learn a lot while reading it.

3. adamareangere profile image77
    adamareangereposted 5 years ago

I read a TON of books, our tastes might differ but check out some of my hubs, and look through (Fine Printing ones) or visit my blog, http://fineprintings.blogspot.com/ . I might have some there that spark your interest.

4. Civil War Bob profile image59
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

Farenheit 451 is a good sci-fi from 1953 that I'm reading right now.  You might like Frank Peretti's novels on demons and angels behind the scenes in This Present Darkness and Peircing the Darkness.  There are always classics like Treasure Island, any Sherlock Holmes, any Jules Verne, and you could take a shot at the Bible as literature instead of religious dogma and see where it leads you.

5. MrAungst profile image60
    MrAungstposted 5 years ago

If you want something that's timely and still fantasy-based (and dystopian) give the Hunger Games series a read. I thought I was too old for them, but they're actually great books, and can be read in one or two sittings. Not that they're short, they're just that captivating.

6. angelicfinds profile image61
    angelicfindsposted 5 years ago

There are tons of books you can read.

Harry Potter, Fahrenheit 451, The Giver, The Kite Runner, How To Kill a Mocking Bird, Pygmalion!

My favorite series as of right now is the Vampire Huntress novels by Jeaniene Frost. It is about... Well I can't say anything without giving spoilers. BUT it is sexy, fast paced, and has lots of emotions. You will love the characters, at least I do. It's the book series that got me back into reading.

working