jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If you knew how to write, would you have the 'courage' to publish a hot sex fict

1. NewHorizons profile image82
    NewHorizonsposted 5 years ago

If you knew how to write, would you have the 'courage' to publish a hot sex fiction short story?

If you were a professional writer would you do it for money, knowing that such material might sell more easily on the Internet?  By 'courage' I mean the couldn't-care-less attitude of forgetting morals as long as you are going to earn money from your publication.

2. topquark profile image79
    topquarkposted 5 years ago

If I knew where to publish it and was confident it would make money, sure. But I'd publish under a pseudonym.

3. PaulGoodman67 profile image98
    PaulGoodman67posted 5 years ago

I would do it.  But I would use a pseudonym.

4. Ara Lynne profile image59
    Ara Lynneposted 5 years ago

I absolutely would, and have considered it before, as I am an aspiring novelist. Any type of writing involves skill, including erotic writing - if you have the skill to pen something hot and steamy, why not have pride in that? It's actually a lot harder to write out those scenes than a regular every-day scene, so if someone has an amazing skill at something like that, I think they are doing a great job.

And it's not all about "morals." In order to be a good writer, you have to go outside of the confines of your own mind in order to embrace the fictional world you indulge yourself in. A lot of people don't write within their own moral boundaries - if they did, fiction would hardly be the same.

But, long answer short, yes; yes I would!

5. Hayley Richardson profile image82
    Hayley Richardsonposted 5 years ago

I say go for it.  I don't think erotica is immoral anyway, and look at how much money that 50 Shades of Grey Twilight fanfic is making.  People will buy anything if it has sex and is properly spell checked.  You might as well cash in!

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I don't think it is a matter of courage. I couldn't do it because I personally think it is not a good idea.

7. cheaptoys profile image59
    cheaptoysposted 5 years ago

if you mean on hubpages probably not but if you got a good story and want to do a hard copy why not

8. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

No.  It's not the kind of writing I want to do.  It has nothing to do with morals.  I just don't find that kind of writing the kind that has some kind of "redeeming value" to it.  I don't want to make money writing/selling trash that anyone and his brother can also write/sell.

9. NewHorizons profile image82
    NewHorizonsposted 5 years ago

Thank you all for you answers.  I respect your opinion of course.  Don't ever think that I was considering doing it.  No  way.  Maybe I am old-fashioned but for me it's enough that I have my OWN sins to worry about.  So I will try not to do anything that would or could drive other people to sin.  Okay,  I admit.  I AM old-fashioned.

working