Could you please recommend texts that discuss the concept of defamiliarization i

1. Rani Singh profile image72
    Rani Singhposted 5 years ago

Could you please recommend texts that discuss the concept of defamiliarization in relation to MR?

I read a reply of yours to an essay on Magic Realism and you mention defamiliarization and Jon Scieszka. This sparked my interest and I'd love to hear more about it. I'm interested in the ways that literature can subvert dominant ideologies and I think MR has great potential. Did your study of defamiliarization relate to this in any way?

2. Storytellersrus profile image74
    Storytellersrusposted 5 years ago

First, Rani, I apologize for the delay in my response.  I did not know you had asked this question of me. I stumbled upon it today.

I searched through my immediate files and did not find a copy of my Master's Thesis.  When I do, I will write it into a hub.

For now, I have the bibliography from my slide show final presentation.  In it, I have listed Magical Realism by Zamora and Faris, which is the one I most used- it is a classic!

I also used an essay titled "Reading with an Eye on Form, an Introduction to New Critics and Russian Formalists" from Mesa College. 

I hope this at least lets you know I am on it!

1. Rani Singh profile image72
      Rani Singhposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Excellent! I will check those out. Thanks!

working