jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you could write a book, what would it be about?

1. cloverleaffarm profile image76
    cloverleaffarmposted 6 years ago

If you could write a book, what would it be about?

If you sat down to write a book, which topic would you choose? Would it be a work of fiction, or non fiction? Tell us what would be the deciding factor in your choice.

2. Eugene Hardy profile image59
    Eugene Hardyposted 6 years ago

Science fiction, poetry and political intrigue, but it would have to be an e-book because I believe in conserving resources.

3. Teresa Schultz profile image81
    Teresa Schultzposted 6 years ago

I'd write a book on how people struggling to find work can make money online or with their computer. I've been there, and couldn't even switch on a computer, copy and paste, or send an email as little as 5 years ago. I'd take people through the process of everything I learned online for free, what I did with what I learned, and explain how they could do it too - so that they could start earning a regular decent income online in less time than I did. Many people search the Internet for ideas on how to make money at home or online, but they want quick methods or methods that cost a lot to get started with. If they have a computer and Internet, the answer is right in front of them, but many people don't know where to start looking, what to do first, or how to go about doing freelance work or making passive income online.  I'd like my book to help those people. Nobody who owns a computer and can access the Internet needs to be without any income, if only they know what to do.

4. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 6 years ago

I've been attepting to write my life story for a couple years now as a help book for teens.

5. Vidya Mallar profile image61
    Vidya Mallarposted 6 years ago

Poetry, poetry and poetry about all the subjects that I can cover in this beautiful world......

6. JamaGenee profile image85
    JamaGeneeposted 6 years ago

Actually, I have two books "under construction" right now.  One is a biography of a friend's famous ancestor, the other is fiction based on a supposedly true story about an event my my great-grandfather was (supposedly) involved in.

The deciding factor for the first book was amazement that no one had wriiten a book about the famous ancestor's adventure-filled life. The deciding factor for the second came out of trying to find out via normal resources if there was any truth to the story about my ggf.  When I couldn't, I decided it was too good a tale to waste, so I let the main character (based on his daughter, my great aunt) find a letter that sends her off to England to do a bit of sleuthing! ;D

7. rlaha profile image71
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

I recently compiled some of my early poems into a small book. I hope to be able to compile the rest of my poetry into another book.  After that, I think I'd like to write short stories and compile them into a book. I think it makes for an easier thing to do than write a novel.  Good question!

8. Sushma Webber profile image84
    Sushma Webberposted 6 years ago

I would like to write biographies and self-help books. Books that will inspire to live a more meaningful life. Have plans for a couple at the moment. Have to get down to writing them.

working