jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If you write poetry and/or fiction here, how well do your articles do?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image97
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 years ago

If you write poetry and/or fiction here, how well do your articles do?

I am seeing more and more fiction hubs lately and am wondering whether people are getting enough views to make writing these types of articles is worthwhile.  Anybody?

2. Kristen Howe profile image90
    Kristen Howeposted 2 years ago

My poetry hubs has fairly well. It depends on it's on angels or sunsets and the poem itself. Let me know if you want stats.

3. Medvekoma profile image82
    Medvekomaposted 2 years ago

Yes, I'm putting up the novel project I've been working on lately, snippet-by-snippet. They don't really receive any special amount of views (in fact, they receive very little if not at all). But it's easy to organize, the templates are fine and when someone asks for the novel I can just guide them to the introductions page.

With that in mind, I have three parts and the introduction published so far, and there wasn't a comment or any special page-view spike. I had two short stories put up little more than a month ago, these new chapters already gone ahead of them in total page views.

Writing them worthwhile, that depends on how you define worthwhile. I don't think they'll become my golden geese to produce lots of traffic, and I'm fine with that. I just want people to read them and perhaps pass a critique or two.

Apart from that. you retain the rights to what you write and publish here, so there isn't truly a 'bad' side to it.

4. Homeplace Series profile image82
    Homeplace Seriesposted 2 years ago

The episodes of my short stories in "The Homeplace Saga" series of family saga, historical fiction draw a regular stream of readers. I'm not even attached to income streams, so that is irrelevant to my concerns. Thank you for asking this question. ;-)

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

My fiction, both science fiction and horror, posted here on Hubpages doesn't get a lot of views. However, it has led more people to buy copies of my eBooks and print books in the same genres.
    It is like a free sample that leads more people to pay for "Humanity's Edge" and "Norn Born".

6. ahorseback profile image60
    ahorsebackposted 2 years ago

No ,not too well ,   I was just thinking , I have over one thousand published poems and stories here on hubpages , I've been here for almost six years ,   I believe I have a decent style of writing and yet , my score is way ,way lower than it used to be .  Where I was once around 92 to 100 , I'm now below  50 !    Hubpages doesn't serve  poetry well at all like it used to and I for one , have become rather disillusioned with writing here .  I also wonder - having almost six hundred unpublished , incomplete hubs , Is THAT weighing my score and viewing down ?

Maybe I'd better start writing about cup-cakes or  knitting hubs  !