jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is the most effective and best way to end your poetry? An when should you e

1. Alana Warren profile image59
    Alana Warrenposted 5 years ago

What is the most effective and best way to end your poetry? An when should you end it?

When creating poetry I often want the ending to leave a lasting impression on the reader, but I struggle to know when is the best time to end a poem. Most of all the ending needs to be just as compelling as when you started, if not more so as its the critical climax of your work, so therefore can we make it creative?

2. msorensson profile image71
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

The end expresses the theme you thought of in the beginning...

3. FreezeFrame34 profile image78
    FreezeFrame34posted 5 years ago

The most effective and best way to end your poetry is to make the reader want to read more of your work! I always try to end my poetry with a tie-in to a universal theme or moral. Also, make sure you end your poetry before your start struggling to rhyme words or get your point across. It's better to be short and sweet than a long poem that the reader looses interest in quickly.

4. chivs86 profile image80
    chivs86posted 5 years ago

Being clinical I think is the hardest part about writing poetry.  I think to finish for a start the poem has got to be a decent length, but as for writing a good last line, I would say it's got to kind of ask a question, leave people something to think about.  What I do sometimes is think of a finishing line separately & work in between with the last line so far.

5. cleaner3 profile image78
    cleaner3posted 5 years ago

In my opinion a poem should not be  too many lines for the reader will soon lose interest and stop reading .Short and sweet is best rule of thumb. How to end your poetry is all up the poet but it should relate to the start for a best impression.