jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (19 posts)

Are you worried about the world ending on 12-21-12?

1. Sunshine625 profile image94
    Sunshine625posted 5 years ago

Are you worried about the world ending on 12-21-12?

I'm not. I'm more curious as to what the next date for the world to end will be? smile

2. mactavers profile image92
    mactaversposted 5 years ago

No, living in Sedona for the last 13 years, I've heard so many predictions, that I tend to tune them out.  But a certain segment seems to take them very seriously, and that's a shame that they are worried about each "dire" prediction that comes forth.  The best prediction that I can give readers is to enjoy each day to the fullest.

1. christopheranton profile image73
      christopherantonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So long as I am on the right side with God at the time, I don't really care when the world ends. I just hope everyone else is likewise.

3. cfin profile image82
    cfinposted 5 years ago

I think most people are worried about their monetary funds ending wink

4. sparkster profile image91
    sparksterposted 5 years ago

No, it may be the end of the Mayan calender but don't calenders just reset when they reach the end and cycle over again?

1. Austinstar profile image88
      Austinstarposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, they do reset. 12/21/2012 is the end of a very, very long calendar!

5. profile image0
    thatmissevamarieposted 5 years ago

Worried... No.  Curious... Yes.  I'm ready to see how people prepare and what they do when they think the world will end the next day.  That is fascinating.

6. sukhendupani profile image61
    sukhendupaniposted 5 years ago

I am not at all worried about the ending of the world. The world will never end in any way,rather the poppulation of world may reduce due to natural disaster,war,terrorism & more other reasons. I always pray for the welfare of entire human poppulation. May god save the people.

1. cfin profile image82
      cfinposted 5 years agoin reply to this

7. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

Linda Sue....You know damned well the world cannot end before I get to spend a week in Orlando....and I'm no where near planning my trip yet.  Get serious, will you please??!!

1. Sunshine625 profile image94
      Sunshine625posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ain't that the truth Effer!! Start planning!! smile

8. nisargmehta profile image82
    nisargmehtaposted 5 years ago

Well as far as 21st December is concerned, let it be any year or event, I am going to be on cloud no 9 as its the date i was born. So lets see, if world is ending, sure why not, let's enjoy and cherish the time till then.

9. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

No I'm not at all worried, especially after reading some of the reasons why the Mayan calendar might have ended in this funny hub - http://theholestory.hubpages.com/hub/Th … n-calendar

10. Ky4KeithUrban profile image59
    Ky4KeithUrbanposted 5 years ago

No I am not..Because the Bible says no man knows the day or the hour of his return..What ever day that is I am ready that is what matters!! smile Wow I sound like a preacher!!

1. teaches12345 profile image95
      teaches12345posted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's true, KY4KeithUrban, tomorrow may be our last day!  Just enjoy each to the fullest.

2. Ky4KeithUrban profile image59
      Ky4KeithUrbanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you @teacher12345 I will live and be thankful for every day we are here.#Enjoy I do.

11. nanderson500 profile image85
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

No. There is a long, long history of failed predictions in this regard. Besides, the Mayans didn't necessarily believe that the world was going to end anyway.

12. jlpark profile image85
    jlparkposted 5 years ago

I'm not - because of two things
    1 - the Mayan's just ran out of space.  I mean, how would you like to have to write down every day until ....whenever.  The person writing it all up may have just gone "Man, stuff this, I'm going for a (insert activity here)".  And is now laughing at the interpretations we've made of their mistake.
    2 - If it was true, and the world ended, there is nothing I can do about it, or to get away from it.  So, no I'm not worried in the slightest.  And, no I'm not religious so I'm not hoping to get to Heaven or Nirvana or anything...it'll just be over and thats it - or I'll get me a surprise! (We, or at least I, humanist agnostics are hedging our bets by not denying there may be something or someone, or not.)

13. mwangip profile image59
    mwangipposted 5 years ago

i believe i will survive.

why do people want this world to end?

there are so many sweet things in it.