jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Merry, Pippin, Sam, or Frodo? Who is your favorite Hobbit from Tolkien's LOTR,

1. dungeonraider profile image88
    dungeonraiderposted 6 years ago

Merry, Pippin, Sam, or Frodo?  Who is your favorite Hobbit from Tolkien's LOTR, and why?

Each of the four characters mentioned have unique personalities and qualities that endear them to the reader.  The Lord of the Rings focuses on a larger fellowship, but these four Hobbits were key players in the tale, and each probably left more of an impression on us than their fellows.  Who is your favorite Hobbit (of the four mentioned above)?

2. LisaKoski profile image95
    LisaKoskiposted 6 years ago

Sam is definitely my favorite. He's loyal and I think, with him more than the others, there's more than meets the eye. He also stays true to himself from beginning to finish.

3. Senoritaa profile image70
    Senoritaaposted 6 years ago

I guess it has to be Sam, for many reasons, but mostly for being a selfless friend to Frodo till the ring was destroyed.

4. SouthernHoney profile image72
    SouthernHoneyposted 6 years ago

I have to go with two - Merry and Pippin. How can you choose between these two partners in crime? They are endearingly mischievous, kind of like the Weasley twins. And yes, I am a nerd for answering a LOTR question with a Harry Potter reference . . .

5. cperuzzi profile image97
    cperuzziposted 6 years ago

Hands down - Samwise Gamgee.  A brave hobbit who evolved in the story.

He is truly the real hero of LOTR.  Frodo would have been dust without him and the novel would have ended.

Closed to reply

working