jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do I get drymouth from writing?

1. WryLilt profile image92
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Why do I get drymouth from writing?

When I spend a long period of time writing or typing, I get drymouth. Why is this?

2. MatthewLeo1701 profile image71
    MatthewLeo1701posted 6 years ago

Drymouth typically is a sign of dehydration. If you are thirsty, then you are already suffering from dehydration. The only other explanation that I can think of is perhaps you are writing with your mouth open, breathing mostly through your mouth. Breathing through your mouth for a long period of time will definitely dry your mouth out. Also, drinking on over excessive amount of alcohol will do the same thing.

3. Goods2Go profile image67
    Goods2Goposted 6 years ago

Fear. Fear of the white space looking back at you with fierce expectations. Fear of darkening that space with words that come from recesses yet untapped; not sure if you want to discover the answers in the writing down of it all. The thrill of sharing, yet exposing, yourself to the world. There's the permanence factor to consider, as well. You can't take it back! Fear's a great driver. Enjoy the ride!

4. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

If you write with some sort of desk fan (during hot days) that might be drying your mouth out as well. Having a glass of water next to you should help. For me it's my eyes. Apparently when I really get into writing, I forget to blink. The same is true when I use photoshop for long periods of time. So I always need to keep eyedrops on hand.

working