jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you belong to a writing group to further your skills?

1. KeithTax profile image74
    KeithTaxposted 5 years ago

Do you belong to a writing group to further your skills?

What advantages did you gain from a writers group? Any new skills?

2. Hummingbird5356 profile image79
    Hummingbird5356posted 5 years ago

This would be different for everyone.  I joined a writers group a short while ago but each week, each person wrote a similar kind of story, whatever the topic.  It got boring very quickly for me so I stopped going.

3. YogaKat profile image85
    YogaKatposted 5 years ago

I was going to a "Righters for Justice" MeetUp group on Oahu.  I decided I wanted to meet closer to home so I created my own writerʻs MeetUp group "Kapolei Fiction Writers MeetUp".  We have been meeting once a month for five years.  Interestingly enough my first book is about to be published and it is a nonfiction guide book ALL about public justice.
    The biggest advantage I gained from my writerʻs group were new friends and contacts.  I canʻt say I have learned new writing skills, but I have learned some web site administration skills. I recently moved my group from MeetUp.com to Facebook.com, mostly because Facebook is free.

4. Gypsy Willow profile image80
    Gypsy Willowposted 5 years ago

our group called"Lifescapes" meets in the local library every two weeks. It definitely inspires me to write and we mainly write articles about ourselves and our families. We have a great time!

working