jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does time spent earning and keeping Accolades keep you from writing more hubs?

1. Eric Calderwood profile image83
    Eric Calderwoodposted 5 years ago

Does time spent earning and keeping Accolades keep you from writing more hubs?

I like earning Accolades.  They help me to feel that I am playing an online game while trying to earn some extra money.  But recently I have spent so much time trying to earn and keep them that I haven't spent much time writing hubs.  Have any of you had this experience?

2. Lauryallan profile image80
    Lauryallanposted 5 years ago

Not really. I find that if you are pretty natural about how you go about HP then the awards will come in good time. There's no point getting hung up on the accolades.

Just write hubs and read other hubs that interest you from the people you are following. You can comment on those hubs when you have something worthwhile to say and check out the forum from time to time to see what's happening etc.

If you do want to concentrate on accolades then concentrate on the ones that celebrate you actually writing hubs. These include the accolades for number of hubs written and views you've achieved. This way you'll increase the chances of earning some money along the way. That's what I do and invariably find that I get other accolades along the way.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

No, accolades are useless to me. I am here to write and nothing more.

4. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Accolades I have were not gotten deliberately. All I did was write and participate in the community and the accolades came naturally. You have the choice of just writing and publishing or in addition you can become an active member of the site which in no way take your time away from writing so the answer would be no.

working