jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How do you hyperlink your list of Contents to the main Chapter Headings in an eb

1. Nell Rose profile image92
    Nell Roseposted 5 years ago

How do you hyperlink your list of Contents to the main Chapter Headings in an ebook?

I have finished writing my ebook but I am just adding the list of Contents. I want to link each Chapter in the main index to the actual chapter headings, I am using Microsoft office Works. Thanks.

2. crochet48 profile image62
    crochet48posted 5 years ago

Have you signed up for Smashwords? They have a comprehensive style guide. My editor actually did the formatting, but before she did so, she read the guide so she'd know what she was going to do.

Go to Smashwords.com and register for the site. If you're using a pen name, use that as your login. You can download the style guide as a PDF or as an Adobe file.

Read the Smashwords site and the style guide before you format the e-book and link the TOC to chapter headings. That's my best piece of advice for you.

My second: Good luck! You're starting on a fun ride, which I've just begun!

Nell Roseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks crochet, thats great advice, I will go and check it out.

3. Manna in the wild profile image70
    Manna in the wildposted 5 years ago

Nell, use google to find a free ebook  on amazon published by kindle. I can't recall the title but there are several. Basically you use headings and insert a table but there are some tricks to look out for.

Nell Roseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Manna, I will take a look, if I can't figure it out I will leave it, I have taken so long to get my ebook done its about time I shut up and got on with it! lol!

working