jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Where is the best place you have found to write?

1. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

Where is the best place you have found to write?

At home in your office, living room, in the car, out in the country where there is not much going on, whats the best for you?

2. cruelkindness profile image75
    cruelkindnessposted 5 years ago

Garden of nature or Man Cave.

Cruelkindness (Subliminally Thoughtless)

3. JenPaxton profile image84
    JenPaxtonposted 5 years ago

I like going out to my favorite state park, but it's over an hour away so sometimes I get there and I've driven so far that I don't feel like writing anymore.  But when that doesn't happen, and I still feel like writing, I tend to be very, very productive. 

And, oddly enough, I also seem to be able to write well in the laundromat... I don't understand that one, but somehow it works.

4. Barbsbitsnpieces profile image81
    Barbsbitsnpiecesposted 5 years ago

Have pen and paper, will write anywhere! Inspiration is all around, and I never want to miss my thoughts. As my thoughts come any place, I've always written  anywhere. I used to write on my lunch time when I worked. Any place is as good as the next!

5. phillippeengel profile image80
    phillippeengelposted 5 years ago

It is scientifically proven that an environmental temperature of about 25 degree Celsius can increase the effectiveness of work. I will write anywhere where there are air-conditioners (I feel sorry for the environment but everyone tends to flock to air-conditioned places).

6. Marsei profile image88
    Marseiposted 5 years ago

Anywhere the spirit moves me.  Doesn't seem to matter.  I do however, need lots of coffee with creamer and I often light a candle when I write.

7. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

Excellent question yet it is indeed somewhat difficult to answer because (at least with me) what seems to be most significant is when...  If I can reach a deep sleep for 3 to 5 hours; I usually wake up with clear thoughts and direction to what to write. It just flows even though sometimes I am not in my study. I would have to conclude that it is important to be in a quiet space with computer (at least for me). My hand writing is awful. I do gravitate towards coffee eventually...