jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who has used assisted self-publishing?

1. ahostagesituation profile image81
    ahostagesituationposted 5 years ago

Who has used assisted self-publishing?

Anyone who has made use of BookBaby/CreateSpace etc. to publish ebooks.  What did you think?? What went right or wrong with the experience?

2. Hummingbird5356 profile image79
    Hummingbird5356posted 5 years ago

I haven't used them but I have used Amazon Kindle Direct publishing.  It is free and easy to use.   Just follow all their directions.  It is free up to 50 MB. This is quickly used up if you have photographs.  I used Irfan view to compress my photographs.
    I haven't heard of BookBaby but Create Space is Amazon's publisher.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I just finished self-publishing my book with Create Space. Overall I was happy with the customer service. I paid for their additional services (Editing, Book cover design, promotion and press releases...etc) In fact it was just listed on the Amazon site this week. I still have some steps to go through on the publicity side of things.
    Some things I had issues with is the process is not as fast as you might be led to believe. Maybe it's different if don't use their services regarding editing or book cover design and so forth. Since this was my first "real book". I opted to use their services for everything for a smoother transistion.
    All files or manualscript had to be in a WORD doc. which I didn't mind but when I got my first digital proof I saw errors which weren't in my original documentation. There will be a lot of back forth via email and every change takes a week or longer to process. However I must say I am happpy with the finished product. I plan to publish a hub about the whole experience.
    I never heard of BookBaby. Best of luck!

4. rfmoran profile image87
    rfmoranposted 5 years ago

I have published two books with createspace and the experience was positive. I hit a few snags but they are most accommodating and efficient. Their royalties are excellent. When you call them you get an answer almost immediately from a live person.

5. teamrn profile image69
    teamrnposted 5 years ago

I haven't, but a friend has; he's used X-Libris. I was editing a book with another nurse and we were going to use X-Libris. They have specials all the time which makes getting a good deal easier. I bet in this economy, X-Libris is offering bigger and better deals.

Then another friend published with creat-space and another friend self-published in kindle. I don't know what his experience was thou.

working