Are hubbers more interested in gathering a following than they are in creating s

1. Tallgardener profile image60
    Tallgardenerposted 5 years ago

Are hubbers more interested in gathering a following than they are in creating something lasting?

2. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image86
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 5 years ago

Can only speak for myself. I create because I get inspired and I try to make my work stand out and speak for itself. I share my work because I am proud of being able to share it and that other people like it. If they follow me because of that then I am honored and glad that I did a good job and wrote something that everyone liked. I read a lot of hubs and I believe a lot of them are written with thought and provide information or bring delight to the reader and not just written because they are seeking followers.

3. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I pay no attention to how many followers I do or don't get, so the "follower factor" just isn't a thing at all for me.

On the other hand, I can't really say that I have "creating something lasting" in mind when I write Hubs either.  My motives for writing Hubs are different, depending on the Hub.  I may write on to try to offer something helpful to some people.  Another one I may write because I have ideas about things people should be questioning, or else maybe things I think I understand better than some people may.  I may write one because I have nothing better to do at the time.  Then again, I may get an idea about something that I think people may find funny, and I'll write for that reason.  Sometimes I'll write some useless thing because I can't think of anything to write, so I'll write about "the challenges" I run into in my online writing efforts.

So, while I haven't ruled out writing something lasting somewhere else, or at some other time; I have all those other reasons for writing Hubs.  As it happens, though, if one writes on this site long enough, and if s/he at least aims to write something that someone somewhere may get something out of (if only in some small way), the followers do "happen".  Then again, there are followers who follow for reasons that don't particularly involve wanting to read a Hubber's writing (which is why I don't pay a lot of attention to how many followers any of us has).