jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Are there specific time you write? If so, why?

1. Ian Dabasori Hetr profile image82
    Ian Dabasori Hetrposted 5 years ago

Are there specific time you write? If so, why?

2. kj force profile image74
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

I many times choose..late at night, or early morning hours..most of the time it's a quiet factor ( during the day I have the G-children/husband ) sometimes I will wake up with an idea or thought and must put the words on my computer. Although trust me if I get a chance in the daytime, I will sneak into a walk-in closet and type my little heart out...look forward to hearing about others habits....

3. Cas Merchant profile image60
    Cas Merchantposted 5 years ago

I mostly write at night. It gives me time to reflect on my day. I find a lot of hub topics to write about this way. What did I cook, what did I search for online, what did I learn today...say, for instance, I remebered and talked about a job I've done in the past...or found a new way to save money, organize my crafts, thought of a new business venture...it could be anything at all. Sometimes, HubPages almost feels like my own personal journal.

4. jackcoburn profile image72
    jackcoburnposted 5 years ago

I find when I'm starting to end the day and go to bed I'll start writing. I find this is the only time that I have to myself and can get the words out.

5. Catherine Kane profile image79
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

I find that a lot of my best writing is done late at night. I'm a night owl, so, unless I'm sick or exhausted, that's when  I'm most awake and energized, and that makes a difference

6. Diana Grant profile image91
    Diana Grantposted 5 years ago

I quite often write when I first wake up and ideas are whirling round in my head mixed with dreams.  Then I might go away and return several times during the day or, occasionally I fall asleep in the evening and then get up and write in the early hours.  I can't write much when I'm tired.

1. Catherine Kane profile image79
      Catherine Kaneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There are ways you can program yourself to dream answers to the things you're writing

7. CrazedNovelist profile image84
    CrazedNovelistposted 5 years ago

No. Sometimes I'm tired at night or wide awake at night. Sometimes waking up early I'm ready to go. I keep a schedule, but sometimes I don't go by it, I may adjust it if need be. When you work full time and have other errands to run on top of everything else going on, it's difficult to say when you're best time to write is. I write really well in the mornings, get my coffee, start my day. On the weekends I can stay up and words sing to me then, so on the weekends I write a bit later.