jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What would be a good idea for a new book?

1. pursuitofmind profile image69
    pursuitofmindposted 5 years ago

What would be a good idea for a new book?

iv'e been mulling over a few ideas about what I want to write for a new book.  if you think of any ideas i'd love to hear them. so what do you guys think?

2. Inspired to write profile image77
    Inspired to writeposted 5 years ago

Personally, I think a 'self help' topic would be time & effort well spent, myself, I have tried both kind of topics, a novel, then, quite a few successful 'books & articles' aiding others in quite a few topics of helping them within their predicament.

My experiences, you must have heard folk all over the globe, in fact, worldwide, they say 'Hey Dale, (obviously in various languages) ya know, we all got a story inside of us just oooozzzzing, itching to break out into the limelight for others to hear' & who am I to argue with what they all got to say, probably, because I'm over powered by so many 'right' people so, eventually, I actually did finish one of my 'true horror' stories titled, "Sarah, Expect The Unexpected" (THIS IS NOT A PLUG) that I began some time ago & thus, eventually, a few months ago, self published the book on Amazon, but, my experiences in writing, & my enthusiasm to show what I know are more concentrated on self help issues, as so many of us need to find a 'personal' solution to our problem, find the problem, then offer the remedy.

Find your niche because writing takes your time & mucho effort, you do get involved, on a physically demanding, spiritual & emotional level, especially if you enjoy (know much about) the topic you are authoring.

Also, I found that creating a novel, became more taxing on my mind until one day, finished, published, unpublished, re-edited, then re-published (then this whole cycle once again) until one day. Self published for sure Yippeeee!

Good luck in your quest pursuitofmind & remember, whilst your thinking about it, YOUR NOT DOING IT, so my friend, join the many happy souls that are now published authors, there definitely is room for you too, WE ARE WAITING.

Regards Dale Ovenstone

pursuitofmindposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thank you for taking the time.  i'm more of a fictional writer trying to discover another life inside my own mind just waiting to break free on to paper.

3. StephanieBCrosby profile image85
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 5 years ago

It is tough to answer this question without some more information. For example, what genre do you like? Do you foresee a novella, a novel, a collection of short stories, or something else?

Without some more direction, you could end up with a great topic or even synopsis for a work, but if it is not something you like, the project will be hard to sustain.

But in general, no matter what you prefer as a writer, it is always good to do some fieldwork via research. What are other people publishing in your area or niche. Then consider if it is time to strike while the iron is hot or not try to get a voice in a market that is flooded with similar ideas and concepts.

4. Catherine Kane profile image82
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

As the others said, it's hard to say without knowing what kind of books you like to write.

That being said, let's get random.

"Politicans Make Strange Bedfellows"?

"Finding the Life of Your Dreams on a Dollar a Day"?

"The Celebrity Sex Diet"?

5. flagostomos profile image84
    flagostomosposted 5 years ago

Man if I had a good answer for that question, I'd write it myself big_smile

pursuitofmindposted 5 years agoin reply to this

lol I hear you

working