jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What is the ideal day to publish a Hub?

1. xstatic profile image60
    xstaticposted 5 years ago

What is the ideal day to publish a Hub?

If readings fall off on weekends, does that mean Monday morning is best? Or maybe Monday
    evening? Is mid-week best of all? How do all the different time zones fit into this equation?

2. nochance profile image91
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

Hubpages is a worldwide website. Besides, you're really looking for a way to gather traffic over time, not just on one particular day of the week. Publishing that way would be important for a time sensitive article, but the hubs on hubpages tend toward the "evergreen" or always useful.

So focus on writing quality hubs that will continue to be found over time and focus less on what day of the week to publish them.

3. collegedad profile image76
    collegedadposted 5 years ago

I am at a loss with this also. I find that publishing on weekends or holidays results in lower initial views. For me publishing on Tuesday - Thursday works best in this regard. That said low initial views (first 24-48 hours) do not seem to affect my long terms view numbers.

4. coffeegginmyrice profile image84
    coffeegginmyriceposted 5 years ago

Hmm, I've not even thought of this as long as I have a new hub to publish, I am happy. But thinking of your question made me analyze my hubbing schedule. I start in the morning, but there are "in-betweens" (including browsing my own photo folders and editing, proof reading and other home chores). By the end of the day, a possible late night, my hub is finished. But I let it sit overnight 'til then next morning. By midday or midnight it goes published (considering sharing links for my friends in the opposite time zone to see it). I guess readings are higher over midday breaks in different time zones, any day of the week.

5. p10kabhijita profile image51
    p10kabhijitaposted 5 years ago

I have a different take to this. Last week, one of my hubs did not meet the standards of HUbpages and I was asked to re-submit it. As a result of this my publish button got changed to submit for publication. Once you are in the submit for publication zone then the moderators view your work and then approve. Moderators don't approve any content on weekends. So, if you are in the submit for publication zone then it would make sense that you publish a hub on Sunday evening, so that you dont lose 2 crucial days under moderation.

6. profile image0
    whowasposted 5 years ago

I have no idea! I tend just to publish a hub when it is finished - based on the assumption that it will be discovered by people interested in it sooner or later. Also, while aware that most hub readers are in North America, even across that great continent there are different time zones. Sorry not to have a super-scientific statistical answer but I would imagine that there are so many variables in any case that it would be very difficult to effectively analyze. It might also vary for different types of hubs, subjects, number of followers, season of the year and so on. Still, thank you for an interesting question!

1. xstatic profile image60
      xstaticposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks whowas. Since I don't write for money here because I can't get the adsense thing solved, the question is sort of academic. I know it something may pay attention to.

2. coffeegginmyrice profile image84
      coffeegginmyriceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like whowas points too! And xstatic, thank you for putting up this question as well. I don't write for money, it's merely a spare-time activity. With Adsense & Amazon, I waited and waited too long. Then, one day, it came up.

7. profile image0
    caribbeanmedskulsposted 5 years ago

Like p10kabhijita I also fell into the "submit for publication" pit. I initially submitted 6 hubs and to date, only 2 hubs have been re-published. Like you, I don't write for money, so the best time for me is from 10pm to 6 am when everyone in the household is asleep. No distractions and my creative juices work best at these unholy hours.