jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do you write more or less in the summer?

1. buckleupdorothy profile image85
    buckleupdorothyposted 5 years ago

Do you write more or less in the summer?

Summer, for many people, is still more or less synonymous with "vacation." Does the season effect your writing? How?

2. Twilight Lawns profile image82
    Twilight Lawnsposted 5 years ago

Summer?  Autumn (Fall)? Winter? Spring?
    We don't have those things in the United Kingdom; we just have Weather.
    So I would write in all of them, if they existed.
    I just write.

1. buckleupdorothy profile image85
      buckleupdorothyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hah! I'd heard that about the UK. Well, I imagine consistency can be a great boon if you find something that works for you.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Less. During the summer, I take on more courses. Instead of only four classes, I take six. My homework doubles and I have no opportunity to write, just answer questions over lunch.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

I actually get considerably more done during the summer than I do the winter. The reason is because, during college, I would take fall and winter courses. The work load meant there was no writing I could do for myself. So when summer finally rolled around, I could finally write what I wanted to write and I still had the work ethic from my classes. The first few months in particular, from about May through July, are a non stop roller coaster of writing. It just seemed to carry over even though I'm finished with school. Plus the nice weather just inspires me.

5. Cardia profile image94
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

I definitely write more, due to the free time I have in summer. Other times of the year, I have so many things to do, I can never get enough time to do some proper writing in!

working