jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have your say - most inspiring book ever ??

1. laksman011 profile image52
    laksman011posted 5 years ago

Have your say - most inspiring book ever ??

2. drmiddlebrook profile image95
    drmiddlebrookposted 5 years ago

That's a very easy answer, the Bible! The most encouraging, helpful, powerful, empowering, thought-provoking and calming reading, ever. As a Christian, it's my most inspiring book.

3. ColetteCounts profile image61
    ColetteCountsposted 5 years ago

For me, the most inspiring book I have ever read is "Love In the Time of Cholera," by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It inspires me to love, and become a better person. It makes me want to find someone that I can have in my life forever. It taught me to never, ever give up, and that you can always change and become better.

4. profile image0
    whowasposted 5 years ago

'Cosmos' by Carl Sagan for it's wisdom and clarity and wonder.

'On the Origin of Species by Natural Selection' by Charles Darwin which started a scientific journey of such astonishing and elegant results in discovering what we are, that it is surely the single most important book ever written.

The Complete Works of Shakespeare - need I say more?

Well, sorry that's three but I can't narrow it down to one.  smile

5. Design Artistree profile image61
    Design Artistreeposted 5 years ago

The Bible: a source of inspiration, hope, comfort, and truth.

Also, "Life Without Limits," by Nick Vujicic, a man who was born without any arms or legs, but has overcome these challenges in amazing ways, and with such a positive, joyful attitude. Talk about inspiration!

Plus almost anything by C.S. Lewis, especially "The Great Divorce"

6. Dantex460 profile image60
    Dantex460posted 5 years ago

Sherlock Holmes, it made me question more things and open my mind as well as a new love of science.