jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Why did over half of my Accolades disappear?

1. Cat R profile image74
    Cat Rposted 5 years ago

Why did over half of my Accolades disappear?

I had written a hub that was questioned and marked for revision (it's hard to change addresses!). I was working on that, but haven't had much progress in three days since I also work and go to college.
    Since yesterday or this morning over half of my Accolades are gone? What happened?
    If that hub is the issue, I would have loved to have some time to revise it!?

2. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image83
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years ago

It does sound like some sort of punishment.

Now, I know that every time I get banned from the forums half my accolades disappear. Currently I'm on my 4th ban (a 3 month sentence this time).

Reminds me of the time in grade school when every time I had to go stand in the corner I got my gold stars taken away.

1. Cat R profile image74
      Cat Rposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So how long will it take before I am back in good grace? Worked hard to earn them!

2. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image83
      BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I voted up Lauryallan's answer. Makes sense to me. Her answer makes sense, not putting people on probation or banning them without clearly stating the reason. I think I'll ground my teenage daughter today and not tell her exactly why.

3. Lauryallan profile image79
    Lauryallanposted 5 years ago

If your hub was flagged for revision then it's probably to do with hubs rather than the forum. You may have been put into probation. Sometimes it's decided that you have infractions (doesn't matter if it was innocently done etc) and you are put on probabtion.

You can test if to see if you are in probation by editing one of your other hubs that is currently published. If you do this, make sure it has no possible infractions and then try and republish it. If you get a message saying it has to be reviewed.. then you're in probation. If it's published and viewable to the general public immediately, then you know it's just that specific hub in question that you need to fix.

If you are in probation, as far as I have been able to gather, there is no set time limit. It's more a case of showing them that you have fixed the infractions across your account, are publishing hubs that are not being raised for further infractions and that you are clearly staying within the rules.

If you submit a hub and it keeps coming back with issues that need to be fixed before you republish it, then you risk being banned permanently.

I know this because I have been in probation before. I also lost half my accolades and it was frustrating at times. However, if you manage to get out, the accolades are returned to you.

Good luck and I hope you get out of probattion soon!

1. Cat R profile image74
      Cat Rposted 5 years agoin reply to this

All other hubs work just fine. It's sad that you can't get a couple of days to fix it if it is unpublished. Some of us have jobs and go to school. And while I can often read hubs during the day, writing hubs is a different story.

2. Lauryallan profile image79
      Lauryallanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think they do it that way so they don;t have to come back and check to see if you've fixed it. This way they'll know you've fixed it as they have had to moderate it to get it republished...

working