jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

ELance or oDesk?

1. Rui Carreira profile image86
    Rui Carreiraposted 5 years ago

ELance or oDesk?

What is the best for the freelancer? What about to the people hiring?

2. Nikki D. Felder profile image75
    Nikki D. Felderposted 5 years ago

Neither.  I have an account and a service offered on ELance.  Don't get me wrong, perhaps I must retweak my copy.  ELance and oDesk are said to be fine with a few bugs here and there.  However, my jobs have only come from Fiverr and Textbroker.

Thank you,
    Nikki D. Felder

3. IndikaT profile image76
    IndikaTposted 5 years ago

I have worked on both platforms, but oDesk has brought me much luck. In general as a platform I think, elance is just better. The average employer there pays higher than that of what an average employer at oDesk would do. But everything else like prompt payment, good feedback, etc will depend on the employer that you are working with and your skill and your work ethics. Anyhow both sites are fantastic to give a try.

Rui Carreiraposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply... I am currently in both, but still have only worked in Elance.

4. WritingPrompts profile image73
    WritingPromptsposted 5 years ago

I don't care much for either, but had a little more success with oDesk.  People talked to me there with possible projects vs. absolute silence on elance.  Neither ever produced a paying project for me.  (I suck at sales and marketing though and so probably represent the un-success story for both.)

5. sassymomonthego profile image59
    sassymomonthegoposted 5 years ago

I have accounts to both sites but I was never successful with Elance. I got lucky with oDesk and so far had a total of nine contracts , so I'd say oDesk.

Rui Carreiraposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Interesting... I have both oDesk and eLance and I had no luck on oDesk and already 250$ with eLance...

working