jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

If you could write a song or poem that had a great influence upon your country a

1. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

If you could write a song or poem that had a great influence upon your country and world, would you?

In the 90's I wrote a song lyrics that had big influences on the nation and later another that also had positive effects, I received no benefits, and the names remain hidden, but would you do this, if you could?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7040390_f260.jpg

2. Stephen Ulibarri profile image61
    Stephen Ulibarriposted 5 years ago

Of course I would.
    What song was it? Just curious, and if it was in the 90's, and it's 2012, I don't think it'd hurt anyone to say right here, right now, would it?

3. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

Because it could have negative implications for our country, Stephen, I have refused to pursue the matter, for a long time, and will continue. I believe in serving my country in the best possible way that I am capable and not harming anyone or anything patriotic. The verses that I wrote were in honor of those who were lost in Vietnam, and for my father, who raised me to be who I am. That is all I can share. My question remains. Would you do this in an honoring and respect for all?

1. Stephen Ulibarri profile image61
      Stephen Ulibarriposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I see. I commend you for speaking about what you believe in. I personally think God doesn't favor one country over another.

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I would like to think of myself as selfless much like you have been in your dedication to honoring our country.  But if I am honest, while I might write such a song or poem, I wonder if I could be selfless enough to remain anonymous. I would like to think so, but in fact, I am not sure.

1. whonunuwho profile image79
      whonunuwhoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I felt sadness for a long time, yet in looking back and realizing that I had a brain tumor at the time, I felt some emotional connection and relief in what I wrote to be shared by all.

5. melbelle profile image61
    melbelleposted 5 years ago

Yes, most definitely.  Especially if what I had to say made this a better country and a better world.

6. Conservative Lady profile image76
    Conservative Ladyposted 5 years ago

If the result was a great "positive" influence then you bet I would! The more good we can do here on earth the better for all mankind.

working