jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

Have you ever written a song or poem for someone?

1. Raven4180 profile image56
    Raven4180posted 7 years ago

Have you ever written a song or poem for someone?

I have thought about doing these things, but I lack the artistic expression that others posses. Unless you classify sarcasm as art.

2. Heart Felt Book profile image80
    Heart Felt Bookposted 7 years ago

Yes I have In fact my Hubs have a lot of personal poetry..I even Gave one o my darling as a gift..In a frame He was very happy ..Smiling..I have written songs for but never given to..

3. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 7 years ago

Hi Raven.
    I used to tell stories to a young relative. After we lost him, I wrote a short story about him and dedicated it to him.

4. Claudin_Dayo profile image60
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

I always do, when I was in highschool smile
    when I could no longer can contain my emotions, those are used by my brain to compose one! and after that the pain subsides.. somebody said that poets needed pain ^_^

5. MPG1 profile image79
    MPG1posted 7 years ago

I have written poems for people and there was one time that I wrote a song for someone....

actually i almost always write poems for other people.

Also I would qualify sarcasm as art if it was done in a cool extra sarcastic manner.

6. FloBe profile image82
    FloBeposted 7 years ago

I write poetry for the one I love when I want to express deep emotion. I need a purpose to write poetry but enjoy it when I do. I've never made one of them into a song.

7. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 7 years ago

I like to write Birthday card poems to individuals tailored to their life as I know it.

8. Randy Behavior profile image77
    Randy Behaviorposted 7 years ago

My poetry is never generic, but I find when I "try" to write a poem for someone it is much harder and never as good as when it just spills out.  I wrote one for a writer on hubpages (Hubber Crush).  Perhaps I wrote it for you?

9. TheHopefulPoet profile image60
    TheHopefulPoetposted 7 years ago

I have written many poems for and/or about someone. I have the ability to express my feelings and emotions through written words and do so much better than speaking them out loud. Some of the poetry I have written for people are based on love but others are written out of hurt and pain. Feel free to check out any of my pieces here on HubPages and leave comments if you like. I am more than happy to discuss the hows and whys of which my art has been created. smile

10. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 7 years ago

Everyone of my poem is written for someone particular, who I would love to say something but will never have a courage to do in real life...that is the beauty of the poetry you can say so much or so little to anyone you like and freely as much as you like:)

Do not put yourself down or doubt yourself or your artistic abilities my fellow hubber...just open your mind, your senses and your heart and the words start to flow freely...the right words for the right time:)

11. onceuponatime66 profile image60
    onceuponatime66posted 6 years ago

I have written poems to a boyfriend.  I love poems.  IT is hard to get them out in public as I want to publish a book.

12. Midianite profile image61
    Midianiteposted 6 years ago

I have:

The Hub about (other hubber) dichter1993 is entitled Society's Creation and is a response to (other hub) A Letter to Death

- It's definitely worth the read : )

13. profile image56
    tlmntim9posted 6 years ago

Yes...Many times! Always a woman, a lover, a mother a wife.
    Go figure.