jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

What are the best writers' associations to join in Canada if interested in publi

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image84
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 5 years ago

What are the best writers' associations to join in Canada if interested in publishing?

It seems like there are millions and millions of writers online and little hope of getting published the old-fashioned way.  But I miss the excitement of sending in a query to a publisher and being rejected.

I've been away awhile from Canada -- off and on.  I know a google search will bring me information, but probably too much.  Does anyone have an opinion as to which writers' association is best to join?  I'm interested in publishing children's books and also one particular non-fiction book for grown-ups.

2. Rhonda_M profile image84
    Rhonda_Mposted 5 years ago

Pwac is the professional wriers association. Twuc, the writers Union of Canada is for people who have already published books, and the Canadian authors association is for people who want to publish books. All these have chapters in major canadian cities and you can find more on the web

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image84
      Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great information.  Thank you.  I'll be reading up on these.

3. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 5 years ago

Try the following link and I wish you best of luck on your writing careerhttp://www.bookcentre.ca/

1. Rhonda_M profile image84
      Rhonda_Mposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Never heard of them, but they look intersting for the children's market

2. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image84
      Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, DDE.  I'll look into it.

working