jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Are there any Canadian publishers that are mainly interested in the horror genre

1. DeanSexton profile image60
    DeanSextonposted 5 years ago

Are there any Canadian publishers that are mainly interested in the horror genre?

I'm working on a collection of short horror stories and I'm looking for a publisher to distribute my work. I'd like very much to publish my work here rather than in the United States as I do not have the funding to travel.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7125953_f260.jpg

2. lou2212 profile image71
    lou2212posted 5 years ago

im not canadian, im brittish but i am interested in horror.

3. iheartkafka profile image68
    iheartkafkaposted 5 years ago

Have you consulted the Writer's Market guide? It's a great resource that will narrow down agents by location and genre of interest.

If you're looking to get published, the first place to start is by getting a literary agent if you don't already have one. Especially with the current state of the publishing business, most publishing companies will not accept unsolicited manuscripts, especially from unpublished authors.

Good luck!

1. DeanSexton profile image60
      DeanSextonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your answer! I have not consulted the Writer's Market guide so thank you for bringing it to my attention. I am currently looking for a literary agent, but I'm searching for one that will protect my work as much as they support it.

working