jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there anyone here in hubpages, that writes mainly for entertainment purposes?

1. T.Y._Hudson profile image60
    T.Y._Hudsonposted 7 years ago

Is there anyone here in hubpages, that writes mainly for entertainment purposes?

2. Colby Alan profile image58
    Colby Alanposted 7 years ago

Clarify? Do you mean writes only because it entertains us or writes mainly to entertain others?

3. sarclair profile image78
    sarclairposted 7 years ago

I do believe writing for the Hubpages is entertaining for both the writer, and the reader. I love writing, and having an audience that is interested in the topics I write. I believe, even if a writer gets paid, they still have to be  entertained to do it. You can compare it to an artist. An artist got started painting, because he liked to paint.
    Now as far as being entertaining for the readers: it doesn’t matter what the topic is, people will only read what entertains them. A person is not going to read something because they are not interested in the topic. A person will read something because they are interested in the topic.
    To sum up the answer to your question, yes, it is for entertainment purposes (in my opinion).

4. Virginia Allain profile image86
    Virginia Allainposted 2 years ago

I'm retired, so I can write to amuse myself. Since I also earn money from my writing, that makes it a win-win.

Many of my friends fritter away their evening watching TV or playing games on Facebook. I'd rather spend my time creating a hub or writing on other sites.

working