jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What was the best book you ever read?

1. pharmacist2013 profile image61
    pharmacist2013posted 5 years ago

What was the best book you ever read?

2. Jlbowden profile image92
    Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago

Wow-that's a great question and there are so many answers, that it's difficult to name just one best book that I've read in the past.  But I would have to name the Herman Melville classic, Moby Dick. Which was about a legendary great white whale, that terrorized Captain Ahab and the other sailors of the ship, the Pequod. But there are many many others that do come to mind as well.  Thanks pharmacist2013 for asking a great question once again.

3. noosepaper profile image73
    noosepaperposted 5 years ago

Yes, a very hard question indeed.  Since my favorite author is Margaret Atwood, I'd have to say that Cat's Eye is my favorite book.  It's basically the story of this girl's life from 5 years old to 50 years old.  What makes it so great is that not only is the writing spectacular, it also has an amazing perspective that I related to a lot.  It's a great read, but it might be more appealing to women than it is to men.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

To kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee by far is the best novel I have ever read.

5. Mahmo profile image61
    Mahmoposted 5 years ago

( The Story of Faith in Light of Philosophy, Science & The Quran ) written by the Grand Mufti of Tripoli, Lebanon.One of the best books that changed my life.

6. Keith Ham profile image61
    Keith Hamposted 5 years ago

The one with the most impact on my life is oddly... The DaVinci Code. I know I know, but it was all I had in a time where my life was completely terrible. It thrust me back into the world of reading and helped me realize my love of writing.

7. KiriLiz profile image59
    KiriLizposted 5 years ago

Best book? That's different than favorite book, but still pretty tough to answer. Best book out of all books would be the Bible. Best inspiring: The Fellowship of the Ring. Best laughable: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Best shorter reading: Lady Carliss and the Waters of Moorue. Best written: David Copperfield. Best dialogue: Pride and Prejudice. And the list goes on and on...

8. CBartelmey profile image78
    CBartelmeyposted 5 years ago

I believe the best book I have ever read will forever be Gone with the Wind.  I was so completely drawn into that story that I remember feeling like I was there the entire time; that I had watched the entire story unfold before my eyes, instead of unfold on the pages of a book.  I have read many books since, but no book has ever pulled me in like that one.