What is the most memorable opening line you have ever read?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (93 posts)
  1. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 9 years ago

What is the most memorable opening line you have ever read?

Whether literature, flash fiction, creative writing, poetry, novel or in anything you have ever read, what is the most memorable opening line?  Thank you for sharing!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11859011_f260.jpg

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
    Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years ago

"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary, "

From The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe, published in 1845.

I am not sure why it is so memorable to me. I like the rhythm of it, the image it brings to mind, and I love reading Edgar Allen Poe's works.

At the moment, no other opening line comes to me but that one. So, I guess it is my most memorable. LOL

Faith Reaperposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Oh, Phyllis, now that would have been the second one to come to my mind!  Who could ever forget that line as an opening line?  I love Poe too, and it does have a great rhythm to it for sure.  Thank you for answering.

2. Zeron87 profile image93
      Zeron87posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Dang it you took mine!  LOL!

3. bethperry profile image83
    bethperryposted 9 years ago

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."
    ~from A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. And although a "classic" in today's terms, the passage resonates with our modern era.

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
      Kathleen Cochranposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mine as well!

2. suzettenaples profile image88
      suzettenaplesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This was my immediate choice also .

3. WillStarr profile image81
      WillStarrposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Beth beat us to it!

4. Faith Reaper profile image83

This was actually the first one that came to my mind as well!  I loved your follow-up explanation here.  Thank you so much for sharing beth.  Hi Kathleen, Suzette and Will.  Seems, many are on the same page.

5. Sparklea profile image60
      Sparkleaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you bethperry!  I used that quote but could not remember where and you cleared it up for me!  blessings, Sparklea

6. lone77star profile image73
      lone77starposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for reminding us all of this great beginning. When I saw this question, I immediately thought of the equally potent ending -- the sacrifice of self-concern for True Love.

7. Faith Reaper profile image83

Hi Lone77Star, thank you for sharing that powerful and memorable ending line as well!

8. Rachael Tate profile image69
      Rachael Tateposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Mine too!

4. Frank Atanacio profile image74
    Frank Atanacioposted 9 years ago

Ralph Waldo Emerson
    From EROS:
    The sense of the world is short,

Wooo, now, dear Frank ... EROS ... I love it : ) and that line is certainly memorable and seems so relevant this day, right here and now!  Cool answer.

5. supremeupbeat k profile image60
    supremeupbeat kposted 9 years ago

'Awake, arise,sleep not till the goal is reached.' - Swami Bibekananda

Hello supremeupbeat k,

Thank you for sharing that memorable line by Swami Bibekananda ... very profound one for sure.  I appreciate you.

6. Arachnea profile image65
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
      And the mome raths outgrabe.

Lewis Carroll
    (from Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, 1872)

Oh, so cool, Arachnea, Lewis Carroll, wow, that is certainly memorable!  Thank you for a great answer and sharing here.

2. Arachnea profile image65
      Arachneaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's from the poem Jabberwok.

3. Faith Reaper profile image83

Love it!

4. lone77star profile image73
      lone77starposted 9 years agoin reply to this

These opening lines of Jabberwocky are some of the few lines I actually have memorized and cannot get rid of. They are with me forever.

5. Arachnea profile image65

Hi, lone77star . I have a copy of Jabberwocky and The Hunting of the snark on my desk at work.

7. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 9 years ago

"Life is difficult." It is the opening line in the book, "The Road Less Traveled" by M. Scott Peck. It is one of my favorite books and favorite lines because it speaks a truth to which all can relate or will eventually. Great question, Faith Reaper.

Hi Jan, That certainly is a great and memorable opening line!  The title of the book reminds me of the poem by Robert Frost.  Great answer.

8. Dee aka Nonna profile image60
    Dee aka Nonnaposted 9 years ago

I actually have several.  I very often remember the opening lines, but I remember will also remember how I felt as I read the book and ideas will state with me for many years.

Opening line in a book I read many years ago...."Mildred hid the ax beneath the mattress of the cot in the dining room."  Why did this line stay with me?  Mildred was uneducated, street-wise, tough, but had a fierce love for her children.  At that moment she was preparing for battle again an abusive man.  The book changed my opinion about many things, and I have never forgotten Mildred and how she fought to get herself and her children to a better life.   The book "Mama" by Terry McMillian

If you will indulge me for a moment....another is from The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield.....it is not an opening line but a line from the book that I have not forgotten many years later....."Children should learn the world from adults, not from other children.  In too many cultures children are running in gangs."

1. supremeupbeat k profile image60
      supremeupbeat kposted 9 years agoin reply to this

'knowledge based on experience is better than knowledge based on books ' -supremeupbeatk

2. Faith Reaper profile image83

Wow, Dee aka Nonna, Interesting choices here and explanation as to why you remember that first one.  It certainly sounds like a great book and I can so relate to protection our children no matter what!  Both choices are truly interesting.

3. MizBejabbers profile image87
      MizBejabbersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've read all the Celetine Prophecy books, and I highly recommend them. That is a good line, Dee.

9. suzettenaples profile image88
    suzettenaplesposted 9 years ago

beth perry has already chosen the one that immediately came to my mind.  " It was the best off times; it was the worst of times, , . " by Chatkes Dickens in Take if Two Cities.  And, for all the reasons she states.  Great question and so interesting to read the answers.

Hi Suzzette, yes, that one came to my mind immediately too, and others as well.  Thank you for taking the time to answer dear friend.  Blessings

10. Sparklea profile image60
    Sparkleaposted 9 years ago

"It was the best of times and the worst of times" - even though I have never read the book!
    Also, I read a book about 4 years ago that began, 'We met at airports...' can't remember the title, but it was a very dreary first person story about a woman abused by her father...it was compelling and quite the page turner.
    Faith, I will be emailing you hopefully this weekend...it has been beyond hectic.  God bless, you remain in my prayers every day as well as your family.  Sparklea

Hi Dear Sparklea, That is certainly the first one that came to my mind too, and many others as well.  The page turner one is interesting and the book does sound compelling!  I will look for your e-mail.  I promise to have something in the mail to you

11. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 9 years ago

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Genesis 1:1

1. Dee aka Nonna profile image60
      Dee aka Nonnaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  Thank is a really good one......

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 9 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome.

Oh, wow, JThomp, now who could EVER forget that awesome opening line!!!  Thank you for this great answer.  Blessings

4. Sparklea profile image60
      Sparkleaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

AWESOME!!!  Best one ever JThomp42!

5. Faith Reaper profile image83

So true, dear Sparklea!

12. MizBejabbers profile image87
    MizBejabbersposted 9 years ago

"It was a dark and stormy night." I believe it was Raymond Feist who actually began the opening chapter of one of his fantasies with this line. Fact is, it was so appropriate to his opening that I couldn't stop laughing to get through the first couple of pages. It wasn't supposed to be funny, and only a professional writer would have cracked up over it.
    All professional writers know that we are taught that this line is a real NO-NO" and a book killer. Feist pulled this off so good, so effectively, that I will admire him forever for it. His unbelievable use of this mundane, drab statement was more memorable to me than all the great writings I've ever read.
    (If you recall, Snoopy always began his novel in the Charlie Brown comic strip with this line.)

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image93
      Phyllis Doyleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

MizB, so funny yet so great that Feist pulled it off so smoothly. And funny that I was thinking about Snoopy and how he always began his novel before I even read your comment on that. I wonder if Snoopy ever finished his novel? haha

Hahaha, MizB, clever answer and I see why it is memorable to you and now you have me thinking too about Snoopy LOL.  Your explanation as to why it is so memorable to you is excellent and interesting.  Thank you so much for sharing here!!!

3. Arachnea profile image65

one of my favorite lines.

13. The Examiner-1 profile image61
    The Examiner-1posted 9 years ago

It was by Sherlock Holmes: "Eliminate all other factors, and the one that remains must be the truth." It was in "The Science of Deduction" and "The Sign of Four".

Hi Dear Kevin, Oh, yes, now that is truly a memorable line no doubt about it and actually one we should all remember and apply to our lives!!!  Thank you for sharing.  Blessings

2. The Examiner-1 profile image61
      The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I love mysteries and Sherlock Holmes is my favorite.

Yes, me too, Sherlock rocks no doubt!  Hugs

14. connorj profile image69
    connorjposted 9 years ago

"To be born again," sang Gibreel Farishta tumbling from the heavens, "first       you have to die."

Salman Rushdie, The Satanic Verses (1988)

That is a memorable line, and it is important to die to self.  However, I read the same lines from another source ...God's Word. Thank you for answering.

2. connorj profile image69
      connorjposted 9 years agoin reply to this

When I survived a comatose experience i felt this way...

Hello connorj, thank you for sharing.  I am so happy to know you survived your comatose experience and shared about it.  Blessings

4. connorj profile image69
      connorjposted 9 years agoin reply to this

By the Grace of God...

5. Faith Reaper profile image83

Yes, God's grace is sufficient.

15. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 9 years ago

Opening lines of poems seem to stay with me. There are many!

Call the roller of big cigars,
    The muscular one, and bid him whip
    In kitchen cups concupiscent curds.........

Wallace Stevens, The Emperor of Ice Cream

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
    And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made.... WBYeats

As kingfishers catch fire, dragonflies draw flame.....GM Hopkins

The darkness crumbles away.
    it is the same old druid time as ever.....Isaac Rosenberg.

On and on. All memorable, impossible to pick one!

Thanks chef! I appreciate you sharing all of these most memorable and great opening lines of poetry.  Yes, impossible to choose one. I cannot imagine life without poetry.  Superb choices.

16. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 9 years ago

"Who am I?  And how, I wonder, will this story end?"   Opening line from "The Notebook"  a Novel by Nicholas Sparks.....

Hi Paula, oh, yes, now that is a good one there no doubt about it!  Loved "The Notebook", and thank you for answering.

2. MizBejabbers profile image87
      MizBejabbersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, "The Notebook" was very memorable.It got passes around our office, and I think all of us females read it.

17. lone77star profile image73
    lone77starposted 9 years ago

Beth Perry nailed it for me. Dickens' "Tale of Two Cities" starts and ends with elegant simplicity which resonates across time and transcends all earthly concerns.

Some of my own writing captures a similar potency (but not of the power and caliber of Dickens). I wish all of it did. The following pieces from my own works remain opening lines which mean a great deal to me.

Touch the Stars: Emergence
    (Carl Martin; co-author, John Dalmas; new beginning from the June, 2012 update of this 1983 novel)

Jason Roanhorse shot upright into the dark of his bedroom directly from the frenzy of a nightmare. It was the phone that had saved him. Everything but a fading sense of the dream's urgency evaporated by the next ring.

Edge of Remembrance
    (Carl Martin; new opening from my 2006 novel, update not yet published)

Merla Velzna had earned the right not to kill.  She had the skills of warfare, but had never enjoyed them.  As a military commander, she had been far better at saving lives, and that had given her the title, "Hero of Kundelé."

The Bible's Hidden Wisdom: God's Reason for Noah's Flood
    (Rod Martin, Jr.; 2014)

Imagine the waters rising up around you faster than the rain is falling. Imagine each hour sea level burgeoning upward another thirty feet and that there is no sign of it slowing. Soon, the tallest buildings are engulfed. What had seemed a freak storm at mid-afternoon is now a nightmare covering the tallest, nearby hills. No refuge can be found in the frenetic, dark currents of midnight.

Watered Down Christianity
    (Rod Martin, Jr.; in progress)

In this day of instant gratification, a user-friendly Jesus seems to fit right in. Now, salvation is made easy — a veritable 8 lane freeway with pre-packaged biblical interpretation, immediate and permanent forgiveness, and lenient requirements to fit any lifestyle.

Entropy's Children (anthology)
    (Carl Martin; 2014; The following two are short stories in this anthology)

"Gravity's Children"
    Dark shapes against black flickered outside the limousine window.

Telandri shuddered at the bland nothingness surrounding the plush metal box in which he rode. No one could get used to that degree of blackness, he thought.

"The Water"
    The planet below is 49.3 light years from MIT, but it no longer seems so far from home.

This haven changed me — made me feel young again. I suppose a scientist isn't supposed to become sentimental about places they have worked, but a part of me will always remain on this world.

Yes, A Tale of Two Cities' opening line is truly memorable. Wow, thank you for sharing all of your great opening lines you have written too. All very interesting, Lone77Star.

18. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 9 years ago

"I remember it as if it were yesterday as he came plodding to the old inn door..."    Not the opening lines, but the opening lines of paragraph two of that old classic, Treasure Island, by Robert Louis Stevenson.   I guess it is because I first heard those lines as a schoolboy when our teacher read us this story.   Since then I have read this book some half-a-dozen times and never cease to enjoy reading it. 

There is something about this book;so much so that when people think of pirates the image of Long John Silver, one leg missing and a colorful parrot perched on his shoulder, springs automatically to mind.   The English actor, Robert Newton, with his gravelly voice immortalized this image in his portrayal of both Long John in Treasure Island, and Blackbeard the Pirate.   Everything other attempt at being a Caribean buccaneer has been a poor immitation, it seems.

Hi Tusitala Tom, what a wonderful and memorable line you have shared here from Treasure Island. I love it. Thsnk you for the added great commentary!

19. SAQIB6608 profile image70
    SAQIB6608posted 9 years ago

"I believe in America. America has made my fortune. And I raised my daughter in the American fashion. I gave her freedom, but - I taught her never to dishonor her family. She found a boyfriend, not an Italian...Two months ago, he took her for a drive, with another boyfriend. They made her drink whiskey. And then they tried to take advantage of her. She resisted. She kept her honor. So they beat her like an animal...She was the light of my life - my beautiful girl. Now she will never be beautiful again..."

Opening lines of Godfather ( IMDB# 1)
    1972 FILM

1. SAQIB6608 profile image70
      SAQIB6608posted 9 years agoin reply to this

again an opening line from The Hurt Locker, Oscar winning (not read many books, watch movies so i will write things from movies, bit of apologies for that)

"The rush of battle is often a potent and lethal addiction, for war is a drug" - Chris Hedges

Wow, that is memorable indeed and the movie itself is unforgettable!  Oh, that is fine to use an opening line from a movie, as most movies are from novels or had to start off in written form as a screenplay. Thank you for answering.

3. SAQIB6608 profile image70

Thanks. Godfather is evergreen indeed

4. Faith Reaper profile image83

Your hubber name is interesting, what does it signify or mean, if you do not mind my asking?

5. SAQIB6608 profile image70

Faith Reaper !
      Thanks. SAQIB is my name and 6608 was my college No. Just can't forget it. Got so much attachment with my college.
      By the way, Your Hubber name is "interesting" too

6. Faith Reaper profile image83

Hmmm, interesting.  Thank you about my hubber name.  Being my given name means "reaper" or "harvester" that is how I came up with Reaper, and I just threw in the "Faith" part, as I am growing in my faith each day.  God bless.  In His Love

7. SAQIB6608 profile image70

Great Hubber name. May you get blessed. Warmly reciprocate the good deeds. Cheers

8. Faith Reaper profile image83

Thank you so much.  I am already so blessed beyond measure, so I praise His name daily.  Cheers!

9. SAQIB6608 profile image70

Meanwhile i went through some of your hubs. You always have the brighter side of Life (Seeing the glass half full than saying empty), which is great

10. Faith Reaper profile image83

I appreciate you reading and sharing such a kind and generous comment here about my hubs.  Peace and love

20. profile image0
    savvydatingposted 9 years ago

"Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show. To begin my life with the beginning of my life, I record that I was born (as I have been informed and believe) on a Friday, at twelve o'clock at night. It was remarked that the clock began to strike, and I began to cry, simultaneously."
    -David Copperfield, by Charles Dickens-

Turns out, that's kind of the story of most people's lives. (Lol).  We only hope things will not go downhill from there. wink

Great choice, savvydating!  Yes, indeed, good point made too. LOL  I believe we all have to go through some stuff in this life, especially the longer we live no doubt.

21. teaches12345 profile image77
    teaches12345posted 9 years ago

I love The Tale of Two Cities opening lines.  It is such a classic and has been quoted over and over through the years.  The entire book centers on those few lines and that is impressive!

Hi teaches, I know, The Tale of Two Cities opening lines is hard to beat in the memorable department, plus you're so right that the entire book centers on those few lines and is certainly most impressive!  Thanks for sharing your added thoughts here.

22. profile image0
    lambservantposted 9 years ago

"Ruth remembered drowning."  ~ Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz. Great hook, don't you think?

"The first time I saw the sin eater was the night Granny Forbes was carried to her grave." ~ The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers

"When it's two o'clock in the morning, and you're manic, even the UCLA Medical Center has a certain appeal." ~ An Unquiet Mind by Kay Redfield Jamison (Autobiography)

These are favorite books of mine. The Last Sin Eater was a Gold Medallion winner. It's a very unusual, quirky story. If you like Francine Rivers it's a must  read, but very different than most of her other stories. I think it's a brilliant work. An Unquiet Mind was a #1 Bestseller for some time. A brilliant autobiographical work also about the life of a woman with manic depressive illness and also a psychologist at a prestigious hospital.

The Drowning Ruth was just a very unusual story and the opening line hooked me right away.

Hi lambservant,  How interesting are those opening lines you have shared here.  Your favorite books do sound like brilliant works.  I must check them out!  Thank you for the great and interesting answer.  God bless

23. wqaindia profile image36
    wqaindiaposted 9 years ago

"Think that you will live up to 100 years. If you are born, say in 1956 then just shout I am just 58 years old and I will see the year 2056". Just imagination will make you feel younger then elders who have crossed 80 or 90 years. The lines in inverted comas are from the book "Look Younger Live Longer" by Gay Hauser edited in 1969. I have read this book at least 100 times and I start feeling young the moment I go deep into the book. Wonderful book indeed! Alas I could get the latest edition by the same author.

Hello wqaindia,  Thank you for sharing the interesting opening line here.  Sounds like a great book.  I believe all can be their best at any age with just a few lifestyle changes.  I will have to try to find it.

24. jponiato profile image88
    jponiatoposted 9 years ago

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."  The first book in the Stephen King "Dark Tower" series.

Hello jponiato,  I appreciate you taking the time to answer.  Oh, yes, Stephen King is awesome and that sure is a great opening line!

25. daxamite profile image94
    daxamiteposted 9 years ago

"They've taken our daughter"
    - Changes by Jim Butcher

Hello daxamite,  Thank you for answering and sharing that most memorable opening line for sure, especially ... for me if it were true ... Interesting!

26. profile image0
    Manasi4posted 9 years ago

Once upon a time, far far away, there lived....

Hello Manasia4, lovely ...

27. petenali profile image79
    petenaliposted 9 years ago

"As long as there has been God, there have been God chasers." - God Chasers by Tommy Tenney. 

Why memorable?  It changed my life.  If you chase God, He will find you.  Did you catch that?  If you did, hang on for the ride of your life!

Hello petenali,

Truly great line there!!!  Loved your reason why too.  So true!  I understand completely and thank you for sharing.  Yes, seek and you shall find Him!

28. profile image58
    Kathleen Moralesposted 9 years ago

"Mr. Hungerton, her father, really was the most tackless person upon earth--- the most fluffy, feathery, untidy cockatoo of a man, perfectly good-natured, but is absolutely centered upon his own silly self."  What a great line! Couldn't wait to read the rest of "The Lost World" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Classic. Read this followed with "King Solomons Mines" by Haggard.

What a great line indeed, Kathleen! Thank you for sharing that most memorable line. It surely would make on continue to read.

29. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 9 years ago

"Call me Ishmael."

I liked that opener from Moby Dick.

Oh, cool, Stargrrl, that is a great one no doubt!  Thank you for answering.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)