jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What would you place on the cover of your book?

1. starstream profile image79
    starstreamposted 5 years ago

What would you place on the cover of your book?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image97
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

As a writer of fantasy, I would love it if my book had one of those beautiful painted/drawn illustrations on the cover. Mostly because I'd like to see an artist's interpretation of something that happened in the book. Those are my favorite moments when I can look back at the cover, after having read the book, and think 'hey, I remember that part!'. Unfortunately, it seems like the majority of book covers today resort to close up shots of objects or silhouettes.

1. starstream profile image79
      starstreamposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great answer. I love the memory of an artist rendered cover .  Thanks for your response.

3. WritingPrompts profile image74
    WritingPromptsposted 5 years ago

Must have:
    A title, a by-line, and an image that tells something about what the book is about.

Also nice:
    A sub-title, or some kind of quote from a review, maybe a picture of an award if the book has won one.

Even though they say "you can't judge a book by it's cover" most of us do, so you want to put whatever will make the best impression on your ideal readers.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

if i write a book , it will be my life story and on the cover will be a group of pictures of a guy getting older overlapping each other.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

Well...what is the book about? That would have a bearing one what is on the cover.

6. ChitrangadaSharan profile image56
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 5 years ago

It depends what the book is about. But otherwise, I like the rising Sun, the Sea shore, the green teas in the forest, the mountains--so they may be on the cover of my book.

working