jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you capitalize more than one word in your title?

1. Novel Treasure profile image90
    Novel Treasureposted 5 years ago

Do you capitalize more than one word in your title?

Do you find that it increases/decreases traffic if you capitalize more than one word in your title?

2. Billrrrr profile image82
    Billrrrrposted 5 years ago

I like to capitalize every word.  I think that it gives the title a little more punch.

3. Christine Miranda profile image72
    Christine Mirandaposted 5 years ago

You capitalize the first and last words of the title and all nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs and adjectives.

-You do not capitalize articles (the, a, an) unless the article is the first or last word of the title.
    -You do not capitalize prepositions* of four letters or fewer unless the preposition is the first or last word of the title.
    -You do not capitalize conjunctions* of four letters or fewer unless the conjunction is the first or last word of the title.
    -You do not capitalize the particle "to" used with an infinitive unless the "to" is the first or last word of the title.

Prepositions convey the following relationships: agency (by); comparison (like, as . . . as); direction (to, toward, through); place (at, by, on); possession (of); purpose (for); source (from, out of); and time (at, before, on).

A conjunction joins two parts of a sentence.  Coordinating Conjunctions include: and, but, or, nor, for, yet, so.  Subordinating Conjunctions: although, because, since, unless

Hope this helps!

4. Aficionada profile image89
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I'm not sure anything can be added to Christine Miranda's excellent answer other than to say that I never knew before now that the last word is always capitalized or that the length of the preposition or conjunction made a difference - good to know!

Following these guidelines will make for a much more polished and professional title than simply capitalizing every word would. No offense intended.

Closed to reply

working