jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is your favourite book of all time?

1. Nesbyte profile image85
    Nesbyteposted 5 years ago

What is your favourite book of all time?

To be honest, I can't even answer this one myself. There are too many to choose from!

2. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

One book that has always stuck in my mind decades after having read it just once was The Cross and The Switchblade by Wilkerson and Sherril. This is based on pastor David Wilkerson's true story when he worked with New York city kids to get them away from drugs and violence. This book was released in 1962 and in 1970 a movie was made around this story starring Pat Boone. I don't remember the movie well, but I do remember the book.

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 5 years ago

For me, "To Kill A Mockingbird," was probably the greatest book of the 20th century. Being a resident of the south, gives you a better perspective of just how the events that unfolded in the book could really take place. Harper Lee did an outstanding the characters, without a lot of supercilious details that added nothing to the book. The sad part about the book, is that those events could actually happen today. We have made progress, but not nearly enough.

Second place is "The Old Man and the Sea,"  not only is it an interesting book, but its short length makes it great for that book report due on Monday. I wrote book reports in junior high, high school and college. I re-read the book each time and found new meaning with maturity. It tells a very good story of determination and acceptance.

4. ahorseback profile image60
    ahorsebackposted 5 years ago

Being Irish of decent,   "Trinity " ....Leon Uris !  The story of Connor Larkin .....too good ! It connected in distantly familiar  ways .

5. grumpiornot profile image71
    grumpiornotposted 5 years ago

Anything written by Bill Bryson... The light-hearted, comedic quality to his writing is a wonderful escape from every-day life.

6. profile image0
    supreme upbeatposted 5 years ago

Writings of Shakespeare who has written tremendous dramas and it has good touch of reality .

7. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Jeaninene Frost novels. I'm addicted to her characters that seem to leap off the page and into my heart.