I don't know what to write about; help?

1. Yuki92 profile image78
    Yuki92posted 5 years ago

I don't know what to write about; help?

I can just never think of anything to write about! Everything I want to write about has already been said in a thousand different ways on other hubs. How do you guys write? I need inspiration or some direction. I really do want to write...

2. Rosana Modugno profile image85
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

I think we've all been there at some point.  First thing, do you have a writer's book?  I do.  It's a small notebook and I write all my ideas in there.  It's in my purse and I take it everywhere I go because sometimes I get inspired by something I see or hear someone say. 

Sometimes we do things that for us are so natural, while to others, it's amazing!  I bet if you write down everything you do for a couple of days, beginning from waking up in the morning, brushing your teeth, etc you will look at it at the end of the day and see a ton of ideas you missed because you take it for granted, since it's part of your routine.

Maybe you cook something you like, or make a specific sandwich a certain way, maybe you find ways to cut costs at home, or you make something or find an easy way to do a chore.  Write it all down.  And look at your friends for ideas.  How you relate to them, your relationships, your pets, your children, where you live, your neighborhood.

The world in your eyes will not be the world in my eyes or your readers eyes.  That's why we have writers.  We all have our own unique vision and that's a beautiful thing.

I have an idea for your hub.  Title:  Writers Block and Why I Hate It.

lol

3. Yuki92 profile image78
    Yuki92posted 5 years ago

@Roasana

Hey thanks for replying! It's funny you mention writing the world through my eyes and carrying a log book for the day. It's something I struggle with immensely. I've gone entire days without remembering a single thing I did all day. I want to give people my perspective on life, but I keep filtering my thoughts and then I can never find anything to say/write/think.

I want to share my candid thoughts and expression with other people, but small things some people might take a big interest in I never even notice. Maybe I had a reaction to something or someone, but I never acknowledge it as something I could write about.

I suppose the solution is to just keep writing and writing and get better.

I'm just so neurotic when it comes to this stuff, " oh well, they won't find that interesting if I talk about that" or "that topic has already been discussed at least 100 times in a 100 different fashions." But I totally understand that something boring and over-read can sound completely different if I write it through my eyes.

working