jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

May we print our work on Hubpages?

1. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

May we print our work on Hubpages?

I want to share with those who have no computers. This could help others so much and give a serene peace to them.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7331530_f260.jpg

2. Cardisa profile image93
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

I don't see the problem with that. Make sure to copyright your work and site that the original source is Hubpages. But for further clarification I would ask the HP team what their policies are concerning print.

1. profile image60
      Edwin Brownposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What is unclear to me is, who owns the content we put on Hubpages?

2. Gina145 profile image82
      Gina145posted 5 years agoin reply to this

To quote from HubPages terms of service: "HubPages does not claim ownership of Your Hub Content or Author Content. Such content will be owned by You or a third party from whom You got permission to post the content."

3. Cardisa profile image93
      Cardisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You own your content.

3. Gina145 profile image82
    Gina145posted 5 years ago

As far as I can tell, you should be able to print your Hubs as long as they will not be redistributed online.

The terms of service state: "By posting Hub Content on the Service, You grant HubPages a worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license, for as long as Your Hub is displayed on HubPages and for a commercially reasonable time thereafter, to reproduce, publicly display, publicly perform, distribute, modify, adapt and publish the Hub Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting Your Hub on or in connection with the Service.

The part that applies to you is that it says "non-exclusive", so as long as you make it clear to your readers that what is in print must stay in print, I can't see any problems.

4. kj force profile image73
    kj forceposted 5 years ago

This as a very good question..after all it is our original writes..and we still own them..It will be interesting to see the answers that are given and validity of them...
    thanks for asking an interesting question....

working