jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Do you have an author that you love so much that you would read anything he or s

1. BrandyMcNelson profile image73
    BrandyMcNelsonposted 5 years ago

Do you have an author that you love so much that you would read anything he or she would publish?

2. austinhealy profile image74
    austinhealyposted 5 years ago

Yes there is. I have read and keep reading anything John Grisham publishes. It's easy to read, it's captivating, it opens my eyes to a world I don't know much about, the plot is almost always good, and I find it well enough written, quite a number of his books have been turned into interesting movies. What's not to like really? But of course, this is only my modest opinion

BrandyMcNelsonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I haven't read a John Grisham novel in a while, but I saw him on The Today Show and it made me want to read him again. What book would you recommend? I have read A Time To Kill and The Rainmaker.

3. Kimberly Vaughn profile image83
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 5 years ago

Yes! I have read everything written by Nicholas Sparks and Stephenie Meyer.

I think I might be the only person who hasn't read a Nicholas Sparks novel! So many people love him. Which book would you recommend I start with?

4. cascoly profile image61
    cascolyposted 5 years ago

David Foster Wallace
    Geoff Dyer

for historical fiction:
    Alan Furst & Bernard Cornwell

for science fiction:
    China Mieville & Kim Stanley Robinson

for history
    William Dalrymple & John Keay

i've written about many of these in my hubs & plan to add more

5. algarveview profile image90
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

I expect that if I love him so much, it's because I love his writting, so probably I would read anything he publish because it's good... But if that writer went nuts and wrote something awful, I would still know it was awful and probably would not read it until the end...

You are very wise! I recently read a novel by a favorite author and it was pretty bad but I pressed on and finished it. I wish I would have just quit it after 50 pages!

6. ambercita04 profile image80
    ambercita04posted 5 years ago

E.L.James, Nicholas Sparks, E.A.Poe, e.e.cummings, Mark Twain, Charles Dickens

I also love Mark Twain! I haven't read everything he has written, but I am working on it. I want to read The Gilded Age next. What's your favorite book he has written?

7. Electlady7777 profile image61
    Electlady7777posted 5 years ago

yes,  Evangelist Mary F. Simmons is one of th finest writers that I have read and I will read anything she writes even about the kitchen sink.

working