jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What is your favorite memoir?

1. BrandyMcNelson profile image72
    BrandyMcNelsonposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite memoir?

2. maxoxam41 profile image75
    maxoxam41posted 5 years ago

Irrefutably the birth of my first niece.

3. Beata Stasak profile image82
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

I love 'Leaving Home' by Jodi Picoult, where she explores the emotions of pain, regret, unconditional love, memory, motherhood and friendship that author observes around her... I would call it 'memoir of everyday parent'....

I love Paul Theoroux travelling memoirs from all around the world, he explores the world around him and we learn so much about him as a human being and fellow traveller.

I love Bill Bryson's books that are all 'memoirs of an ordinary American and an extraordinary human being'...

Recently I read Kate Grenwille's 'Searching for the secret river', where she explores her family, her writings and her personal history...'memoir of an Australian writer par excellence'...

4. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

Ulysses S Grant's memoir; he must be America's greatest prose writer.

5. Anaydena profile image83
    Anaydenaposted 5 years ago

*A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer.

A child called it follows Dave in his abusive early childhood, retold with such conviction and emotion - it was the first book that ever made me cry. I had been a child subjected to abuse, so I could relate. But it tells of a child's love and devotion to their parents, despite how their parents may treat them. Dave has overcome huge problems and recalls his tale with great vividness, you'd almost swear you were a fly on the wall. A definite must read!

http://www.amazon.com/Child-Called-Chil … 1558743669

*On Writing by Stephen King

Stephen King, arguably the best horror/suspense author of our time writes about his inner thoughts on writing and shares some secrets, tips, hints, and inner workings of writing. This is a must read, even if you aren't a writer... I mean, it's Stephen King for heaven's sake!

http://www.amazon.com/Writing-10th-Anni … 1439156816