jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How do you store your comic books?

1. BraidedZero profile image92
    BraidedZeroposted 5 years ago

How do you store your comic books?

I have been collecting comics for a long time now and my normal way of storing them is to board and sleeve them then put them in boxes with bubble wrap around them. I tape up the box and keep it in my closet on the top shelf to prevent it from coming in contact with water.

How do you store your comics?

2. mctrey profile image76
    mctreyposted 5 years ago

Pretty similar to what I do: I use boards and bags, then usually put them in long boxes. The long boxes go on shelves in the basement to protect against any water. Some of my less exciting comics go in regular cardboard boxes or maybe old shoe boxes, though.

1. BraidedZero profile image92
      BraidedZeroposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What would you do with a highly expensive comic? I have one that is really old and worth a lot and I'm not sure on how to store it. I was thinking about triple boxing it and bubble wrapping it. Not too sure on what to do...

2. mctrey profile image76
      mctreyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Store any comics in a cool, dry, dark place. Heat, humidity, and light are killers. They should be upright, like in a long box, instead of lying flat. This site will help with the specifics: http://www.comiccollecting.org/page/how-to-store/

3. Dallas Matier profile image86
    Dallas Matierposted 5 years ago

Well... this is a completely useless answer, really - but, I only buy comics as trade paperbacks, so I keep them on my bookshelf with the rest of my books.

4. Geekdom profile image92
    Geekdomposted 5 years ago

Funny you should ask this question I just wrote two hub; one on why you should buy paper comics and the other why you should by digital. One of the reasons is because of the storage issue. smile
    I put my comics in plastic bags, with an acid free cardboard back and then store them in acid free boxes.  Then they go into my closet.

5. brpowell profile image58
    brpowellposted 5 years ago

I use corrugated comic boxes that I get on-line at Bags Unlimited. They're much more durable, but also more expensive. I also keep each comic into a comic bag and use a backer board to keep it rigid.
    For the more valuable comic, there are heavier MYLAR bags,  for an extra amount of protection.

working