jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you choose the next book you are going to read?

1. bookkus profile image72
    bookkusposted 5 years ago

How do you choose the next book you are going to read?

Everyone choose books to read. I was curious how you choose your books? Do you choose them from friends, book reviews online, book reviews in the newspaper, goodreads, the back book cover, in the book store, etc. Fill me in.

2. dghbrh profile image77
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

Normally I go by my instinct to choose the next book I read. It goes same when I have a ready stock or I go to buy from book store. I generally borrow books from my family else i simply buy books. So its simple feeling by which i choose books and till now I am very happy and satisfied with my instinct and very rare I follow if some one refers me a book. But i do never check book review online or off line.
    Thank you.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I basically just purchase any new novels from my favorite authors. But new authors are only educational reading. For example, I purchase textbooks on amazon for classes that I don't have time or money to take. So I still have the knowledge, but not the credits.

4. LastRoseofSummer2 profile image88
    LastRoseofSummer2posted 5 years ago

This is going to sound kind of weird, but I read what ever I hear calling to me. I sometimes get an irresistible urge to read a certain book, and it doesn't matter if its been sitting on my shelf for years or if I've only recently bought a copy of it. I cannot map out what I plan on reading because either something else interrupts it because I feel I HAVE to read another book, or I loose my desire to read because I feel like I'm being pressured since I have "planned it". I do indeed purchase books based on recommendations from friends and family, as well as goodreads and other places online. But how soon I READ the book depends on how soon the book WANTS me to read it. I know it's weird, but that's the way I operate.