jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Do you make your own publication calendar to come up with article or blog ideas?

1. joanwz profile image76
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

Do you make your own publication calendar to come up with article or blog ideas?

Do you use anyone else's publication calendar?

2. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Nope. I write Hubs when I feel like writin' Hubs. You never know when inspiration will strike.

3. EndaMac profile image85
    EndaMacposted 5 years ago

I have a simple method that I use and yes I have it all written down in my Outlook calender.  It goes like this Joan.

I write a hub or new page on one of my sites on a Monday usually around 1,000 words long.
    Tuesday I ping and social bookmark
    Wednesday I do an article and a link back and then ping that
    Thursday I make it quickly into a slide show and post that with a link back and ping that
    I turn the slideshow into a video and post that with a link and ping that
    Friday I look for something new to write base on keyword research and take the weekend off

joanwzposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great way to keep track of your writing. Thanks.

2. sleepylog profile image94
      sleepylogposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Where you find out what keywords people are searching?

3. joanwz profile image76

Sleeplog, I usually find most of my kewords from google adwords.

4. Dennis AuBuchon profile image83
    Dennis AuBuchonposted 5 years ago

I have a spreadsheet to keep track of my writing ideas.  Once published I have another spreadsheet which lists all the articles/hubs I have published and on which site.  Ideas from my writing comes from many aspects and listing them on a spreadsheet helps me to not forget the idea.  Some ideas come from news reports or incidents which puts them to the top of my writing activity.

I have a similar setup for tracking which topics I've wrtten on and for whom. I like your idea of getting ideas from current events.

working