jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How do you find an artist for your graphic novel?

1. ThompsonPen profile image80
    ThompsonPenposted 5 years ago

How do you find an artist for your graphic novel?

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

If it is anything like writing other picture books, you don't, it is the publishers job to find an artist, you just write the text, dialogue, and description for each frame.

1. ThompsonPen profile image80
      ThompsonPenposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Interesting! Good to know! I have never attempted anything like this, including illustrating any of my books, so this is quite helpful smile

2. MickS profile image70
      MickSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There are specific formats for writing up each frame for comic books.  A search on google should get results.  If my memory serves me well, one goes along the lines of Stan Lee, something like that.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

If you end up going the route of self publishing, or you just want someone to draw concept pages, then you could search through the artists on Deviant art. A lot of them already work for comic book companies and many will work for a commission. It's an option, though I don't imagine it would be cheap.

4. Ronna Pennington profile image82
    Ronna Penningtonposted 5 years ago

I'm working on one for a small company. Since it relies so heavily on drawings, they want the drawings and the text together. I'm going to Guru.com to find my artist because I'm registered as a freelance writer there.

5. bubba-math profile image61
    bubba-mathposted 5 years ago

Find an artist whose work you admire and then approach them about a collaboration.

working