jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How do you write articles quickly?

1. drspaniel profile image91
    drspanielposted 5 years ago

How do you write articles quickly?

This is a question that I have had burning in my mind for many years now, as I've noticed that I struggle to write a completed 500 word article in less than 20 minutes. So how do the professionals go about this, and ow can I start writing at such a rapid rate?

2. mattforte profile image92
    mattforteposted 5 years ago

The easy answer: Don't.

If you are writing a 500 word article in 20 minutes, then 5 out of 4 times (No, that isn't a typo) it is going to be a garbage article.
    If you could write a quality, Google friendly article in 20 minutes you would be wildly rich, and not be publishing on HubPages.

1. profile image0
      Ghaelachposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Happy New year to you both.
      Of all the answers to questions I've read on HP, this answer must be about the best.
      Ghaelach

2. mattforte profile image92
      mattforteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Haha, thanks Ghaelach.
      It's rare that my forwardness is appreciated. I usually just get called a jerk ;-)

3. drspaniel profile image91
      drspanielposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very true,and I shall certainly keep that in mind from now on! Thank you for this great answer!

3. rajeshcpandey profile image81
    rajeshcpandeyposted 5 years ago

The topic you are going to write may
    1. Be quite familiar to you,
    2. Be somewhat familiar to you or
    3. require a lot of research

Writing time is mainly a function of your familiarity with the topic. But expert writers finish even an unknown topic within 2 hours. The catch is to avoid/ somewhat avoid
    the things dubious to you. You should not at any cost compromise quality. And please do not write points about which you are not sure as many readers take for granted whatever is written.

4. B. Leekley profile image88
    B. Leekleyposted 5 years ago

I sure wish I knew how to, and could, write quickly. Even my shortest hubs took me a few days and several hours per day to write. I guess most people just have faster brains than I have.  I wonder, though, whether even a very fast writer can write something polished and substantial in just 20 minutes -- unless, if course, it is a topic in which he or she already has expertise and a passionate interest, or unless the article just rephrases some other article without contributing much fresh information or fresh perspective. But I suppose fast writers have abilities beyond what a slowpoke like me can imagine.  I suppose whatever one's writing speed, the key to getting relatively faster and improving one's personal best speed is practice. Like, a piano player who is learning to play scales well at first plays slowly and then gets faster and faster with practice.

5. Vicky022389 profile image83
    Vicky022389posted 5 years ago

I struggle writing fast. My most viewed hubs took a day or two. My least viewed hubs took a few hours. To write good, quality articles, you have to put the time in. I am astounded by the people who write a hub in 20 mins.

1. mattforte profile image92
      mattforteposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My girlfriend writes hubs so fast it blows me away, but she's also an English Literature major. For me, some hubs take me all day to write; and that's ok with me. I just write until I'm done - that's how I maintain quality.

working