jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

How do you make those creative separators between text boxes in a hub?

1. Kasman profile image82
    Kasmanposted 4 years ago

How do you make those creative separators between text boxes in a hub?

2. Melovy profile image97
    Melovyposted 4 years ago

The simplest way is to crop a photo until it's the right size. Or you can make more elaborate ones in photoshop (I've done this for cooking hubs with tomatoes for example.)
    Just Ask Susan and Miss Olive had both written hubs on how to do this, so check out their profiles and you'll find their hubs.

Kasmanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Melovy, I think I will check into it!

3. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 4 years ago

I wrote a hub about how to do this with pictures called How to Create Dividers or Borders For Pages Using Photos. MissOlive also has a hub and so does Homesteadbound.

I'm going to have to read it, it's quite the expression addition to the hubs and I want to know how to make mine more appealing to the eye.

4. Maralexa profile image84
    Maralexaposted 4 years ago

The above suggestions are best.  But, I just made dividers in PowerPoint by inserting a shape (rectangle), formatting it with color and removing line color, making it almost flat, then saving it as an image (save as picture) to my desktop for easy access.  In a hub, I add it as a photo by choosing the "picture" I just created.

Intriguing way of doing it. Thanks for your answer!

5. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 4 years ago

The easiest way for me is to edit a photo in  "PicMonkey".  That program has all sorts of animals, different hats, flowers you can use.  Another easy  way is to take one of your photos that has a solid background and crop it down to the width you want.  Save the cropped photo to the desktop to find it quickly and easily.

Never heard of picmonkey before. Looks like I'll have to be checking into that. Thanks so much for answering Mary.

6. agilitymach profile image98
    agilitymachposted 4 years ago

I use Paint.  It allows me to not only crop photos if I want, but make my own design borders.  I use "olives" I made there for my recipe hubs. smile  I love using borders as it helps the hub read better.

I agree, I love the borders in some of the hubs I've read. Thanks so much for your answer.

7. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

Google "dividers" or "separaters" to see the varieties of colors and styles. Save those that you like as a picture, crop down horizontally to avoid too much space between capsules. Use a photo capsule to place divider between text capsules. I find this method super easy but I like the idea of making my own as others have suggested.

Absolutely, I'm definitely into making my own stuff, but to start I may use generics to start with. Thanks so much for the answer jan.

working