jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (23 posts)

You're back in time with red Pinot Noir for conversation with a writer. Who's y

1. ytsenoh profile image85
    ytsenohposted 5 years ago

You're back in time with red Pinot Noir for conversation with a writer.  Who's your writer?

Several years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night after having a dream that I had walked through a corridor with closed doors on each side.  I opened one door, and there stood Ernest Hemingway.  I tried very hard to go back into that dream.  I was having a conversation with an incredible writer.  So, step back in time and share who you would want to have a conversation with. (Note: Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons-public domain; young Ernest Hemingway in 1918.)

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7823179_f260.jpg

2. chuckd7138 profile image81
    chuckd7138posted 5 years ago

Either F. Scott Fitzgerald, D.H. Lawrence or Dylan Thomas. Or all three. That would be awesome too. The only thing I would change though is that I would exchange scotch for the wine. And I would definitely be taking notes.

ytsenohposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ah, scotch, yes, of course!  Dylan Thomas, well, all three you mention are excellent!

3. Moms-Secret profile image83
    Moms-Secretposted 5 years ago

Edgar Allen Poe has always been a favorite of mine.  I stand with you on Hemingway.  There are so many I cold name here.  I would never have the time to return with my tales.

Moms-Secret, I like Poe also!  Good choice.

4. profile image0
    Jayfortposted 5 years ago

Edgar Rice Burroughs, Robert A. Heinlein, and G. Harry Stine. I DID get to meet and talk with Stine but there are still questions I'd love to ask him!

Jayfort, thank you.  You have good choices too!  Very nice you had an opportunity to meet Stine.

5. leroy64 profile image81
    leroy64posted 5 years ago

Dorothy Parker, although I think she liked martinis or something stronger than wine.  The only problem would be keeping up with her.  Do writers like wine?  I can't think of many that are associated with wine,  Might just be my taste in writers.

I probably associate wine with Hemingway.  Could be hot brandy or some other drink, or even tea, I suppose.  Dorothy Parker is a great choice.

6. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

If you were with Hemingway, hopefully you brought more than one bottle of Pinot. My knee-jerk answer to the question is Gore Vidal. But I agree with him on so many subjects and I've read so many of his works that the conversation could not be that interesting. I would not have anything to ask. I suppose Oscar Wilde, James F. Cooper, or Joseph Conrad would be writers with whom I would like to have met. If I had to pick one, Joseph Conrad.

Funny on the Pinot.  Oh, you have good choices.  How fun.

7. RBJ33 profile image59
    RBJ33posted 5 years ago

The authors of the bible - I would want to know how, and why, they came up with some of those stories - since most wrote years and years after Jesus was alive I would also like to know their sources.  One last questions would be "Do you have any idea of the damage you have caused?"

Damage?  Oh, I hope not, truly.  You have an excellent response, Mr. RB.

2. RBJ33 profile image59
      RBJ33posted 5 years agoin reply to this

WOW - I am flattered - thank you sweet lady

8. janetwrites profile image84
    janetwritesposted 5 years ago

I would want to have a conversation with John Ronald Reuel Tolkien. He's my favourite writer because he's even created a new language - the Elvish language and script. I love Lord of the Rings and his other writings. Very fascinating.

Very nice choice, Janet.

9. elenagarcia profile image76
    elenagarciaposted 5 years ago

I would have to choose William Shakespear

See, a really good choice...there are so many to choose from.  Thanks for reminding me about Shakespeare!

10. TheKatsMeow profile image87
    TheKatsMeowposted 5 years ago

There are a lot of good answers here!

I would love to meet Samuel Clemens AKA Mark Twain, my second choice would be Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

I agree!  Lots of great responses!  Yours also.  Thanks for responding.

11. krillco profile image93
    krillcoposted 5 years ago

Poe, and we would be drinking absinthe, not pinot noir.

Poe is a great choice.  Thanks for stopping by.

12. profile image0
    Jennifer Brummertposted 5 years ago

I"m thinking on this one...I will return with an answer soon.

working