jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Was the land of Oz and Dorthy's adventure there just a dream?

1. mikielikie profile image66
    mikielikieposted 4 years ago

Was the land of Oz and Dorthy's adventure there just a dream?

Was it just a dream she was having while in some sort of coma or did she really experience all the wonders of Oz?

2. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 4 years ago

Frank Baum left that to your imagination. His purpose was to tell a tale that may, or may not, have happened in fact, making it plausible enough for a child's fantasy to take as real in some sense. His concern was not with more highly trained, externally oriented, rational adults, though his work has found wide popularity among them, too. He succeeded in spades.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Ye it was a dream. When Dorothy wakes up she sees that all of her neighbors resemble the characters she (dreamed) about. Only in one's imagination could a place like the land of Oz exist.
    One man's opinion! :-)

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Yes, It was all a dream and the people she knew in her life were the characters in the movie. Except the flying monkeys, in which scared me to death as a young child. LOL

5. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 4 years ago

In the movie it was a dream, but I think in the books it was real.  I read I think 4-5 books but I heard that in a later book  Uncle Henry, Aunt Em and she went back to Oz to live there.  Maube that was the original Narnia.

working