jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to return your will to write, when an embarrassment blocks your thinking pro

1. tfox62@yahoo.com profile image73
    tfox62@yahoo.composted 4 years ago

How to return your will to write, when an embarrassment blocks your thinking process?

As you all are able to see, my screen name is not the best in the world. In fact it reveals way to much and I feel really embarrassed. How do I fix this, without losing all of my process? I hate writing under this name, its to embarrassing to do anything... HELP!

2. Nourhan Yousef profile image59
    Nourhan Yousefposted 4 years ago

I believe a real writer is strong enough so he\she could only focus on the positive comments or feedbacks and not another. And as long as you believe in your abilities and how you enjoy writing, no one will ever be able to stop you from doing what you want or what you like.
    you have to fight, and show them how strong you are and how much you believe in yourself and in your abilities. AND ENJOY WRITING AND NOT PEOPLE'S COMMENTS.

3. Radical Rog profile image79
    Radical Rogposted 4 years ago

Write about that embarrassment. Cover every detail from every angle. You don't have to publish it or make it public. Do it for yourself because writing about something is a great way to unburden yourself. Instead of bottling it in, you've let it out and it works.

4. profile image69
    Writer Chuckposted 4 years ago

I must be missing the boat. Your "screen name is not the best in the world". Why are you concentrating on your name and blaming it for a blocked thinking process?
    You picked your name didn't you? If it's a major deterrent pick a new name and start writing. This question might be a good subject for a hub.

working