jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who likes The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

1. Grace-Wolf-30 profile image60
    Grace-Wolf-30posted 4 years ago

Who likes The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8132946_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago

I enjoyed the American production of the movie, but I'd read the books first and actually watched the trilogy of Swedish films first.  I'm not normally a fan of foreign films, but Noomi Rapace was absolutely brilliant!  I was sad that they didn't choose to use her in the American production.  Her English is perfect, and her appearance in the Swedish films was literally Lisbeth come to life from the books.

3. lumen2light profile image82
    lumen2lightposted 4 years ago

The American version was OK, but the original Swedish version was far better. From my point of view the passion and reality of the original made the story and characters believable and not another Hollywood make believe story.
    I know Hollywood make some good movies, but sometimes you do not need all the special effects; all you need is a good story and believable characters.
    I also think that, with this type of story, the face of famous actors detract from its feeling of reality and authenticity, rather than enhance it.

4. KL Klein profile image84
    KL Kleinposted 4 years ago

I really, really liked the books. The movie.....not so much.

5. robert feld profile image60
    robert feldposted 3 years ago

I enjoyed reading the books - I put aside a decent amount of time everyday for each and I couldn't put them down. I haven't watched the American version. I've heard some bad things about it - poor quality etc. But I intend to one day so I can make my own judgement on it, but I enjoyed the Swedish films the best.
    Hope that helps.

working