jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think it is still worth writing for Squidoo?

1. janetwrites profile image84
    janetwritesposted 4 years ago

Do you think it is still worth writing for Squidoo?

I signed up for Squidoo about 4 years ago but didn't really write very much there. Then I closed my account because I wasn't active there for quite a long time. Now I wanted to give it a try again but I would like to hear some experiences first- whether good or bad to make a decision.

2. Rosana Modugno profile image83
    Rosana Modugnoposted 4 years ago

I used it for a very short amount of time and didn't get any use out of it. 
    Personally, I found it full of distractions visually.  I want to write stories, articles in a place where I can focus, surrounded by like minded people, in a community moving toward the same goal.  Hubpages feels like that place to me.  It just seems like a more family type of place and it's very easy to use.  I always had issues with Squidoo for some reason.

janetwritesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Rosana, thank you for sharing your honest experience. I also think that HubPages is better but maybe Squidoo also has its benefits. That's what I want o find out.

3. Randy M. profile image88
    Randy M.posted 4 years ago

I still have my account there but I write only about an article a year.  I have one article that keeps providing a steady income, so I am happy with that.  I suppose there are overlaps in Hubpages and Squidoo writers, but it is nice to have a following on both.  Different people form an affinity with different types of pages, so it is good to keep a presence, especially when one is make a bit of money. 

So, I think it worthwhile to have the account.  It keeps paying for itself and reminding me that my time was a good long-term investment.

Randy, thank you for sharing your experience with Squidoo. I'm glad you make a steady income there though you don't write regularly. I should think about having an account there again.

4. Rich W2K profile image89
    Rich W2Kposted 4 years ago

I signed up for Squidoo shortly after HubPages and felt I wasted a lot of time and effort. After a month, I had over 45 original lenses and a grand total of 8 views. Plus, none of my lenses were featured on Google, which is completely opposite to HP. So, after a month, Squidoo unpublished my lenses and I cancelled my account. This may be different for you but for me, it seems that the best lenses are saturated with Amazon products and hardly any text. Great if that's what you're looking to do on Squidoo.
    While being able to use html is a plus for inserting ads and links, it's useless if you don't know what you're doing (like me!). Finally, the payout structure is geared towards the top people, most of whom have been there for many years. I prefer HP where everyone earns money for their content.

Thank you, Rich, for your comment. I have heard that they changed the rules. Now the lenses that are too over-promotional will be blocked as they want to have more personal, content-rich lenses. Anyway. Let's see.

working