jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What does SEO mean?

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

What does SEO mean?

I thought it meant search engine optimization - but the context "SEO" was used in seemed odd. It was simply, "Do you write for SEO?". Before I respond to the email, I just want to make sure I've got it Write - I mean Right! smile

2. phtech profile image80
    phtechposted 4 years ago

Search engine optimization is used to make your articles or hubs more likely to rank higher in the searches people use. For example, if you use popularly searched terms in your hubs' title and section headings, you are more likely to pop up on a search. In essense, you would be using SEO on your hubs.

3. Tusitala Tom profile image63
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

Phtech has said it well and succinctly.   What has been happening though, over the years, is that those who design the way those search engines search have become more and more sophisticated in their programming.  Key words and phrases that 'grab' the search engines' attention have to be just right:  too many and it's thumbs down. Not enough and it's also thumbs down.  And, of course, those that are in charge of this search engine programming keep it very secret as to just what to do exactly to succeed.

The advice I've been given of late is just write and write well.  Content is most important.  Pick out your key words and phrases that are likely to grab but let them just fall naturally into your writing. Don't deliberately put them in for effect.  Good writing on popular topics is generally the best way to go.

4. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 4 years ago

Another version of SEO is Senior Executive Officer (Civil Service and the like), but I don't think the context is right for your purposes.

1. watergeek profile image99
      watergeekposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Neither is Sponsors for Educational Opportunity.

2. alancaster149 profile image85
      alancaster149posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Or even 'Subsequent Evenings Off'.

5. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 4 years ago

Some Evil Omen mostly! How many times did you get the correct and truly informative link in the fist page of listing? Mostly no, no? That's why I say S(ome) E(vil) O(men)!

6. beaddve1800 profile image74
    beaddve1800posted 4 years ago

You can simply reply the sender and ask the definition of SEO for him/her. It is a bit difficult to judge what SEO stands for in that message.

- Tony

7. profile image52
    avanthik15posted 4 years ago

SEO is the process of getting traffic for our website.SEO helps to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine.Simply put, search engine optimization is the process of improving the quality and volume of web traffic to our website.Keywords are terms or phrases you would expect someone to search for to find our website.A better way to understand SEO is that it helps your business grow.

SEO is best one to increase traffic for any kind of websites.Coming under SEO methods there are many free techniques found  like article submission,directory submission and so on  which bring less amount of traffic to your site.To get huge traffic to your website better go for paid SEO service.To get SEO visit http://www.tucktail.com/search-engine/s … _id=447401   here they provide Search engine visibility service which bring traffic to your website.Here they provide you One-click submission and Google keyword generator of your site in  many search engines like Google,Yahoo!, Bing, and AOL etc... and they also provide Powerful reports that show you how to move your website up in search results.

working